Our mailing address is:
Carnegie Mellon University
School of Computer Science
5000 Forbes Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213 USA
Our physical address (for GPS and sat-nav devices and online mapping programs) is: 4902 Forbes Ave., Pittsburgh, PA.
The Carnegie Mellon School of Computer Science is in Pittsburgh's Oakland neighborhood and is accessible from Interstate 376 via Exit 72A (eastbound), Exit 73B (westbound) and Exit 74. (Construction is currently underway on the Squirrel Hill Tunnel at Exit 74. Traffic delays and congestion are frequent, and detours are posted when necessary.)
Frequent bus service along the Forbes Avenue corridor is provided by Port Authority of Allegheny County to points in Downtown Pittsburgh and the city's East End. The 28X bus connects the Carnegie Mellon campus with Pittsburgh International Airport.
Most offices and classrooms used by the Carnegie Mellon School of Computer Science are located in these six buildings on our Pittsburgh Campus:
Gates Center for Computer Science
- Computer Science Department
- Machine Learning Department
Hillman Center for Future-Generation Technologies
- Lane Center for Computational Biology
- Language Technologies Institute
- Human-Computer Interaction Institute
- Robotics Institute
Smith Hall (behind Hamburg Hall of CMU Heinz College)
- Robotics Institute (offices and labs)
- Institute for Software Research
Robert Mehrabian Collaborative Innovation Center
- Located between Forbes Avenue and Newell-Simon Hall
- Research labs for Intel, Apple and affiliated organizations
South Craig Street: Some offices and labs are located on South Craig Street (about one block west of the campus)
Mellon Institute: 4400 Fifth Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Software Engineering Institute : 4500 Fifth Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Entertainment Technology Center: 700 Technology Drive, Hazelwood area (about 2.2 miles from the main campus, near the intersection of Bates Street and Second Avenue. Shuttle buses connect the main campus with ETC)
National Robotics Engineering Center : 10 40th Street, Lawrenceville area (about 3 miles from the main campus)
Parking is at a premium on the Carnegie Mellon University campus.
Paid parking is available for visitors on a first-come, first-served basis at the following garages:
- Collaborative Innovation Center (enter at railroad crossing on South Neville Street)
- Gates Center Garage (enter via access road under Collaborative Innovation Center)
- East Campus Garage (enter at intersection of Forbes Avenue and Devon Street)
Limited on-street parking is available on Frew Street, Tech Street and Margaret Morrison Street, and adjacent to the campus in Pittsburgh's Schenley Park. Prices vary. Parking is controlled by meters, which are vigorously enforced by the Pittsburgh Parking Authority. You will need cash or a Visa or Mastercard to use these meters.