• Honored to be named IEEE Information Theory Society Goldsmith Lecturer 2023.
• Our paper on Pacemaker
(USENIX OSDI 2020) chosen among Highlight Papers at ACM Systor 2022
• Our paper on Segcache, a memory-efficient and high-throughput in-memory cache, wins USENIX NSDI 2021 Community (Best Paper) Award
! Congratulations to Juncheng!
• "FoldedCNNs", a novel approach for high throughput, high GPU-utilization specialized CNN inference, accepted to ICML 2021. Congratulations to Jack!
• Invited talk at Stanford Compression Workshop 2021.
• "Segcache", a memory-efficient and high-throughput in-memory cache, accepted to NSDI 2021. Congratulations to Juncheng!
• Our OSDI 2020 paper recognized by the PC chairs as one of the best storage-related papers
of OSDI 2020 and invited to the ACM Transactions on Storage
. Congratulations to Juncheng!
• Saurabh successfully defended his Ph.D. thesis! Congratulations to Saurabh!
• Two papers from our group accepted for publication at OSDI 2020 (on resource efficiency in storage and in-memory caching systems). Congratulations to Jason, Saurabh, Francisco and Suhas!
• Excited to be participating in the live panel sesssion on Machine-learning based approaches to coding"
at IEEE ISIT 2020.
• Juncheng Yang receives Facebook PhD fellowship. Congratulations, Juncheng!
• Honored to receive "Prof. Narasimhan Memorial Lecture Award 2020" from Tata Institute of Fundamental Research.
• Our work on a new class of storage codes called Convertible codes to appear in ITCS (Innovations in Theoretical Computer Science) 2020.
• Invited talk at AISystems workshop at ACM SOSP 2019.
• Our work on learning-based coded computation for ML inference systems to appear in ACM SOSP 2019.
• Invited talk at Facebook Networking and Communications Faculty Summit 2019.
• Invited talk at ICML 2019 CodML Workshop on "Reslient ML Inference via Coded Computation: A learning-based Approach" (video
• Our work on social live video streaming to appear in ACM SIGCOMM 2019.
• Google Faculty Research Award 2018.
• NSF CRII 2018.
• Program committee member for USENIX NSDI 2020.
• Invited talk at ITA 2019.
• Invited attendee at Microsoft Systems Faculty Summit 2018.
• Program committee member for USENIX OSDI 2018.
WSDM 2018 Music Recommendation Challenge winner.
• Program committee member for SysML 2018.
• Joined CMU CS as an assistant professor.
• Received Eli Jury Award 2016 for best thesis in the area of Systems, Communications, Control, or Signal Processing at EECS, UC Berkeley.
• Invited talk at ITA Graduation Day 2016.
• Invited talk at Allerton 2015.
• Awarded Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarsihp 2015.
• 'Reducing I/O cost in distributed storage codes' at USENIX FAST 2015. Chosen as the best paper of USENIX FAST 2015 by StorageMojo.