Roger B. Dannenberg
Professor of Computer Science, Art & Music
Carnegie Mellon University
Office: 7003 GHC, 412-268-3827
Email: rbd at cs.cmu.edu
Assistant: Christina Contreras
Master of Science in Computer Science
Master of Science in Music and Technology
For More Information
- Video Links
- Compositions and performances
- Nyquist Info, Nyquist Manual
- Music software
- CMU School of Computer
- ICMA Home
- Electronic Music Foundation
- Pittsburgh Jazz Network
- Bands, etc.:
- Links to old information: courses, projects, etc.
- Notes, Docs, etc.
- Quotes from Richard
- Franklin Roosevelt, 1938:
“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism.” (quote from George Monbiot)
- Sarah Chadwick, high school sophomore:
“We should change the names of AR-15s to ‘Marco Rubio’ because they are so easy to buy.” (Twitter)
- Dec 15, 2017 La Mare dels Pexios, opera performance by the original cast, piano version, Valencia, Spain
- Dec 15-19, 2017 Workshops and Lectures at Universitat Politecnica Valencia, Spain.
- Dec 12, 2017 Wallace's Tap Room, 123 N. Highland Ave. Bartlett Street (Jazz Quartet), 7-9pm.
- Dec 2, 2017 The Edgewood Symphony “A Holiday Pops Extravaganza”: music by Holst, Bernstein, Ellington, and more; Walter Morales, conducting.
- Nov 6, 2017 The Mother of the Fishes, Act I (opera), performance in Puebla, Mexico, by ITESM. (Also presenting a workshop on computer music there.)
- Oct 23-28 Keynote speaker at ISMIR 2017, The 18th International Society for Music Information Retrieval Conference, Suzhou, China.
- Oct 15-22 Presenting a paper at ICMC 2017, the International Computer Music Conference, Shanghai, China.
- Old "news"...
- Computer Music: sound synthesis, interactive performance systems, music
representation, music understanding.
- Real-Time and Multimedia Systems: especially the problems of
constructing reliable, modular, complex interactive systems.
- Computer-Based Instruction: using Instructional Design concepts and
Multimedia for practical, large curriculum, effective instruction systems.
- Research description from the CMU CSD Faculty Research Guide