Roger B. Dannenberg
Professor of Computer Science, Art, and Music
Carnegie Mellon University
Office: 7003 GHC, 412-268-3827
Email: rbd at cs.cmu.edu
Assistant: Christina Contreras
For More Information
- Video Links
- Compositions and performances
- Nyquist Info, Nyquist Manual
- Music software
- CMU School of Computer
- ICMA Home
- Electronic Music Foundation
- Pittsburgh Jazz Network
- Bands, etc.:
- Links to old information: courses, projects, etc.
- Notes, Docs, etc.
- Quotes from Richard
- Quotes from Donald:
“The electoral college is a disaster...”,
Twitter, 6 Nov 2012
“The Electoral College is actually genius...”,
Twitter, 15 Nov 2016
- Oct 15, 2016 The Edgewood Symphony “An American Dream”: Charles Ives, The Unanswered Question and John Williams, Five Sacred Trees and The Cowboys Overture, Walter Morales, conducting.
- Oct 17, 2016 Soundcool has been awarded by SIMO Education 2016 within Best programming and robotics experience modality!
- Dec 1, 2016 Kamraton performs "Separation Logic" for flute and computer, by Roger Dannenberg. Sarah Steranka, flute. Irma Freeman Center for Imagination, Lawrenceville. 7:30PM.
- Dec 3, 2016 The Edgewood Symphony “American Holiday”: Bach, Magnificat and music by Hovhaness, Chadwick, Ellington, and Strayhorn; Walter Morales, conducting.
- Dec 16, 2016 Valencia, Spain. World premiere of La Mare dels Peixos, a one-act opera co-composed with Jorge Sastre.
- Old "news"...
- Computer Music: sound synthesis, interactive performance systems, music
representation, music understanding.
- Real-Time and Multimedia Systems: especially the problems of
constructing reliable, modular, complex interactive systems.
- Computer-Based Instruction: using Instructional Design concepts and
Multimedia for practical, large curriculum, effective instruction systems.
- Research description from the CMU CSD Faculty Research Guide