Quotes from Richard
- "I think that pigeons might not like it if you eat them."
- "You need a boat to walk on water."
- "I wonder how I happened."
- "Then the airplane landed back into the air..."
- "My tummy is still there, but my clothes are not off."
- "Why doesn't this [changing] table have chairs?"
- "Dad, your trumpet smells instresting."
- "Everybody in the world is fast asleep, and that's good.
You wouldn't want everybody to be fast awake."
- "I look just like Dad, only I have smaller feet"
- "I hit my head but it's not hit any more"
- "When it rained on me, it made me a little bit sad,
because I'm not really used to being rained on."
- "The tricycle is broken down [because] the carburator
is upside down."
- "This dump truck is having a problem ... the truckburator
is screwed in wrong."
- While standing inside the cabinet door in front of the sink:
"I belong in the cabinet, although I'm not a bag or a glove,
if you please."
- "Dad, your hands are like ice. Ice is in the snow family."
- "I was successfully born[ed] into a baby."
- "They call it Sunday school because you go on Sunday. If you went on
Saturday, it would be called Saturday school. But that sounds funny,
so we just go on Sunday."
- After watching "Singing in the Rain": "There were a few mishaps in
- "Dad, do you think you could make this a little more sophisticated
so the wheels won't fall off?"
- Dad: "Do you want some apple juice?" Richard: "No!" Dad: "How about
some milk?" Richard: "No! I don't want any more liquids!"
- About his stuffed penguin: "You know, he really is a penguin of
very few words."
- "Mom, did the dinosaurs actually die in the museum?"
- "Dad, you're crazy, well, you're exactly right, actually."
- "The battery is charged up enough, at least it's heavier than it
- Upon finding Penelope Leach with a bookmark:
"You've been reading this for seven years, and this is as far as
- Richard: "I've got a great vocabulary." Mom: "Modest too." Richard: "What's that mean?"
- "`You bet' means OK, but `I bet' means `I don't think so'. It really depends on who's doing the betting."
- "I'm going to try this Jesus thing.", first encounter of Bach's "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring" during cello practice.
- "Feel free to make fun of me if I think it's funny. If not, I shall rebuke you."
- "Mom, do I have any more wax in my hair?"
- Richard had the flu and just couldn't keep some jello down, after which he emerged from the bathroom and said "New color, same great taste!"
- We played 20 questions (Person, Place, or Thing). Richard completely stumped us and couldn't answer a single question about his person. "How can you even know this person exists if you can't answer a single quesiton about him?" we insisted, but Richard stood firm that this person existed, he knew the name of this person, and he just couldn't answer any of our questions. Finally we gave up, and he revealed the person: Martin Luther King, Junior's father.