From Roger Dannenberg's Home Page:
- Jan 1, 2013 Algorithmic Composition is published!
- Oct 18, 2012, 7:30pm The Edgewood Symphony plays Mahler's Kindertotenlieder and Totenfeier, Bruch's Violin Concerto No. 1 featuring Roy Sonne, violin, and Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain. Walter Morales, conducting.
- Sep 21, 2012, 10:30pm. OPEK at Club Cafe.
- Sep 11, 2012. Keynote speech at Interspeech 2012, Portland, OR.
- Aug 25, 2012, 7:30pm. Edgewood Symphony
concert at Edgewood Community Day, Koenig Field, Edgewood. Roger
Dannenberg, trumpet soloist on Duke Ellington's Sophisticated
- May 6, 2012, 2:30pm & May 12, 7:30pm. Edgewood Symphony concert, First Presbyterian Church of Edgewood, world premiere of John Wilson's arrangement of Duke Ellington's Sophisticated Lady for full orchestra, Roger Dannenberg, trumpet soloist
- Jun 7-8, 2012 Keynote Address at Computer-Human Interactive Performance Symposium (CHIPS), London.
- Apr 16, 2012 Federation of Laptop Orchestras conducted by Roger Dannenberg from Baton Rouge, LA (LSU) with live ensembles connected via the Internet at Stanford, Texas A&M, Boulder CO, Baton Rouge LA, Pittsburgh, and Belfast UK.
- Jan 19, 2012 Cap Gun Quartet at the Thunderbird Cafe, 4023 Butler St., Lawrenceville.
- Dec 3, 2011, 7:30pm Edgewood Symphony concert, First Presbyterian Church of Edgewood
- Nov 12, 2011 Invited talk at Eastman/University of Rochester/Cornell Music Cognition Symposium
- Oct 24-28, 2011 Presentation at ISMIR 2011
- Oct 1-4, 2011 Invited talk and performance at Ear Zoom Sonic Arts Festival 2011, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Aug 27, 2011, 7pm. Edgewood Symphony concert, Koenig Field, Edgewood
- Apr 27, 2011 Presentation at the International Conference on Computational Creativity, Mexico City
- Mar 12, 2011 Jackie Angel and the Swingtet Eight at Kean Theatre (Gibsonia, 8pm)
- Feb 28, 2011 Rock Prodigy wins
Appy Award in Education!
- Jan 23, 2011 I'll be attending and presenting at the Dagstuhl-Seminar on Multimodal Music Processing in Saarbrücken, Germany
- Dec 16, 2011 Cap Gun Quartet at the Thunderbird Cafe, 4023 Butler St., Lawrenceville.
- Dec 14, 2011 Roger Humphries Big Band with Spanky Wilson at Theater Square Caberet, 7:30pm.
- Oct 9, 2010 Dannenberg plays Vivaldi's Concerto for Two Trumpets with Catherine Getchell and the Edgewood Symphony
- Oct 1, 2010 Jem Finer's 'Shortplayer' at the Wood Street Galleries, 9:30pm, an adaptation of Finer's 1000-year-long piece performed by Pittsburgh Musicians including Dannenberg.
- Jun 24-26, 2010 Dannenberg is keynote speaker at the Australasian Computer Music Conference in Canberra, Australia.
- Dec 17, 2009 Swingtet Eight with vocalist Jackie Angel at Atrias PNC Park (starting at 7:30pm)
- Sep 23, 2009 Swingtet Eight with vocalist Jackie Angel at Atrias O'Hara Township
- July 10-11, 2009"Critical Point" for Cello and Computer, performed by the Pittsburgh New Music Ensemble
- June 28, 2009 Roger Humphries Big Band at the Rhythm House
- June 12, 2009 HiTEC (Histrionic Thought Experiment Cooperative) The End of Television
- June 4-6, 2009 NIME 2009: International Conference on New Interfaces for Musical Expression at Carnegie Mellon
- April 19, 2009 Jazz in the Digital Age: CMU Jazz Ensembles Concert and Digital Extravaganza. Concert location: 510 E 10th Ave Homestead
- Dec. 21, 2008 Performance at the Rhythm House with RH Factor Big Band.
- June 9, 2008 Audacity in PC World 100 Best Products of 2008
- May 31, 2008 Anthony Braxton Plays Pittsburgh Plays Anthony Braxton Not one, but two Dannenberg's join Braxton at CAPA Theater, 7PM.
- Jun 1-7, 2008 Computer Music Workshop: Sound Synthesis and Algorithmic Composition with Nyquist and Audacity: Enrollment now open! (unfortunately, workshop was cancelled -- stay tuned for new plans for 2009!
- Mar 20, 9:30pm Capgun Quartet CD Release Party at the Thunderbird Cafe
- 2007-2008 Computational Thinking Seminars
- 28 Feb 2008 "Critical Point" for cello and computer performance at Connecticut College
- 2007-2008 Computational Thinking Seminars
- Sept 1. Roger Dannenberg will give the keynote address at the 11th Brazilian Symposium on Computer Music.
- June 9. Speculative Data and the Creative Imaginary art show opening at the National Academy of Sciences includes trumpet performances by Roger Dannenberg and piping by McBlare
- Summer, 2006. McBlare, the robotic bagpiper, goes to Scotland!