15-869 Course Notes
- Image Warping and Morphing. (slides) ps, pdf.
- Projective Mappings for Image Warping. (5 page document) ps, pdf.
- Image Registration. (slides) ps, pdf.
- Holes and Layers. (slides) ps, pdf.
- Single View Metrology. (slides) ps, pdf.
- Computing Vanishing Points, by Bob Collins. text writeup
and code for solving symmetric matrix equations.
- Projective Geometry by J. Mundy and A. Zisserman. (writeup--it is 60 pages total,
but only the first few are relevant to the third assignment. It is also very well-written
and easy to read. This was originally published as the appendix to the book: Geometric
Invariance in Computer Vision, eds: J. L. Mundy and A. Zisserman, MIT Press, 1992) pdf.
- Light, Reflectance, and Global Illumination. (slides) ps,
- Multi-View Projective Geometry and View Morphing (slides) ps,
- Photogrammetry, by Chris McGlone (slides) ps.
- Texture Models (slides) ps, pdf,
- Stereo and Optical Flow (slides) pdf.
- Voxels from Images (slides) pdf.
Structure From Motion (slides).
Abbreviations: PS = Adobe Postscript, PDF = Adobe Portable Document Format, PPT =
If you want to print the slides, We suggest printing four to a page with a UNIX command
sequence such as
gunzip < FILE.ps.gz | psnup r 4 | lpr
For some reason ghostview doesn't display the pre-psnup postscript files
in the correct orientation,
but gs does, so I recommend viewing them with gs.
15-869, Image-Based Modeling and Rendering,
Steve Seitz and Paul Heckbert, Nov. 1999