Areas of Interest
- Operating systems
- Computer networks & wireless networks
- Distributed systems
- File systems
While my primary focus at present is on teaching, I am interested in working with students on projects in the following areas:
- Automatic configuration of link-level retransmission
- Peer-to-peer file system architecture
- Distributed operating system structure (mostly in the context of Plan 9).
Membership on committees of completed thesis projects
- Ben Blum. Landslide: Systematic dynamic race detection in kernel space. CMU-CS-12-118 (2012)
- Greg Hartman. Attentiveness: Reactivity at Scale. (2010).
- Adam Wolbach. Improving the deployability of Diamond. (2008).
- Ajay Surie. Improving mobile infrastructure for pervasive personal computing. (2007).
- David J. Matsumoto. A hybrid approach to Effort-Limited Fair scheduling in 802.11 (2003).