Roger B. Dannenberg
Professor of Computer Science, Art & Music
Carnegie Mellon University
Office: 7003 GHC, 412-268-3827
Email: rbd at cs.cmu.edu
Assistant: Christina Contreras
Master of Science in Computer Science
Master of Science in Music and Technology
For More Information
- Video Links
- Compositions and performances
- Nyquist Info, Nyquist Manual
- Music software
- CMU School of Computer
- ICMA Home
- Electronic Music Foundation
- Pittsburgh Jazz Network
- Bands, etc.:
- Links to old information: courses, projects, etc.
- Notes, Docs, etc.
- Quotes from Richard
- Franklin Roosevelt, 1938:
“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism.” (quote from George Monbiot)
- Sarah Chadwick, high school sophomore:
“We should change the names of AR-15s to ‘Marco Rubio’ because they are so easy to buy.” (Twitter)
- Oct 30, 2018 The Mother of Fishes, (opera), performance in Puebla, Mexico, by ITESM.
- Nov 11, 2018 Performance by Kamraton: (one of) “12 Miniatures on Gertrude Stein.”
- Dec 1, 2018 The Edgewood Symphony Edgewood Symphony Christmas Concert with Rutter's Gloria, Walter Morales, conducting.
- May 25, 2018 Science Friday on AI, Robots, and Music.
- Old "news"...
- Computer Music: sound synthesis, interactive performance systems, music
representation, music understanding.
- Real-Time and Multimedia Systems: especially the problems of
constructing reliable, modular, complex interactive systems.
- Computer-Based Instruction: using Instructional Design concepts and
Multimedia for practical, large curriculum, effective instruction systems.
- Research description from the CMU CSD Faculty Research Guide