Roger B. Dannenberg
Professor of Computer Science, Art & Music
Carnegie Mellon University
Office: 7003 GHC, 412-268-3827
Email: rbd at cs.cmu.edu
Assistant: Christina Contreras
Master of Science in Computer Science
Master of Science in Music and Technology
For More Information
- Video Links
- Compositions and performances
- Nyquist Info, Nyquist Manual
- Music software
- CMU School of Computer
- ICMA Home
- Electronic Music Foundation
- Pittsburgh Jazz Network
- Bands, etc.:
- Links to old information: courses, projects, etc.
- Notes, Docs, etc.
- Quotes from Richard
- Franklin Roosevelt, 1938:
“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism.” (quote from George Monbiot)
- Sarah Chadwick, high school sophomore:
“We should change the names of AR-15s to ‘Marco Rubio’ because they are so easy to buy.” (Twitter)
- Donald J. Trump:
“Impeach the Pres.” (Twitter, 11:32AM 15Oct19)
- Trump Death Clock
- Jan 25 New book! My Introduction to Computer Music is now available in paperback.
- May 28 Audacity's 20th Birthday! After over 500M downloads, we've empowered countless users to create music, record podcasts, produce public radio, conduct research, and much more. I co-created Audacity with Dominic Mazzoni at Carnegie Mellon. Our first public release was May 28, 2000.
- Computer Music: sound synthesis, interactive performance systems, music
representation, music understanding.
- Real-Time and Multimedia Systems: especially the problems of
constructing reliable, modular, complex interactive systems.
- Computer-Based Instruction: using Instructional Design concepts and
Multimedia for practical, large curriculum, effective instruction systems.
- Research description from the CMU CSD Faculty Research Guide
In Pittsburgh called to interview me. At one point
the reporter asked if “Roger Dannenberg, trumpeter” would
be right, and I said “trumpeter, composer, computer scientist,
whatever you want.” The reporter got excited, ”ooh, I like that,
‘trumpeter, composer, computer scientist’. They may edit out
‘computer scientist’ but I'll put it in anyway.”
Photo by Alisa.
roger "dot" dannenberg "at" cs "dot" cmu "dot" edu