Roger B. Dannenberg
Professor of Computer Science, Art & Music
Carnegie Mellon University
Office: 7003 GHC, 412-268-3827
Email: rbd at cs.cmu.edu
Assistant: Christina Contreras
Master of Science in Computer Science
Master of Science in Music and Technology
For More Information
- Video Links
- Compositions and performances
- Nyquist Info, Nyquist Manual
- Music software
- CMU School of Computer
- ICMA Home
- Electronic Music Foundation
- Pittsburgh Jazz Network
- Bands, etc.:
- Links to old information: courses, projects, etc.
- Notes, Docs, etc.
- Quotes from Richard
- Franklin Roosevelt, 1938:
“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism.” (quote from George Monbiot)
- Sarah Chadwick, high school sophomore:
“We should change the names of AR-15s to ‘Marco Rubio’ because they are so easy to buy.” (Twitter)
- Donald J. Trump:
“Impeach the Pres.” (Twitter, 11:32AM 15Oct19)
February 15-16, 2020 U.S. Premiere of The Mother of Fishes opera, CAPA Theater, Pittsburgh.
- Nov 5-6, 2019 Audacity Team “Unconference” (AU19), Cambridge, England.
- Nov 16, 2019 La Mare dels Peixos opera, Centro Nacional de las Artes, Teatro d las Artes, Mexico City.
- Dec 7, 2019 A Joyful Celebration, Edgewood Symphony concert, First Presbyterian Church of Edgewood, 7:30pm.
- Computer Music: sound synthesis, interactive performance systems, music
representation, music understanding.
- Real-Time and Multimedia Systems: especially the problems of
constructing reliable, modular, complex interactive systems.
- Computer-Based Instruction: using Instructional Design concepts and
Multimedia for practical, large curriculum, effective instruction systems.
- Research description from the CMU CSD Faculty Research Guide