I am an Assistant Professor of Databaseology in the Computer Science Department at Carnegie Mellon University. My research interest is in database management systems, specifically main memory systems, non-relational systems (NoSQL), transaction processing systems (NewSQL), and large-scale data analytics. At CMU, I am a member of the Database Group and the Parallel Data Laboratory.
I am looking for new Ph.D. students to start in Fall 2018. Applications from students with diverse/interesting backgrounds (e.g., hobos, vagabonds) are strongly encouraged. All admitted Ph.D. students receive graduate fellowships from the department.
Please see the CS Dept admissions page for information on how to apply.
- SIGMOD 2018, Program Committee
- VLDB 2018, Associate Editor
- FADS 2017, Co-Chair
- CIDR 2017, Program Committee / Gong Show Organizer
- SIGMOD 2017, Program Committee / Demo Co-Chair
- SIGMOD 2016, Program Committee
- IMDM 2016, Co-Chair
- ICDE 2016, PC Area Chair
- VLDB 2016, Program/PhD Workshop Committee
- HPTS 2015, Steering/Program Committee
- IMDM 2015, Co-Chair
- SIGMOD 2015, Program/Demo/Dissertation Committee
- VLDB 2015, Program/Demo Committee
- SoCC 2014, Program Committee
- IMDM 2014, Co-Chair
- CloudDP 2014, Program Committee
- SIGMOD 2014, Program Committee
- VLDB 2014, Program Committee