Also see the complete list of papers.
- (BRIMS) Paola Rizzo, Alice Leung, Karen Haigh, Chaima Jemmali, Magy Seif El-Nasr. If you betray your teammates, do you think you can be spotted?, in 2017 International Conference on Social Computing, Behavioral-Cultural Modeling & Prediction and Behavior Representation in Modeling and Simulation, July 2017
- (RLDM) Karen Zita Haigh Learning to Optimize a Network Overlay Router, in Satellite Meeting: Learning Methods for Control of Communications Networks affiliated with the Multi-disciplinary Conference on Reinforcement Learning and Decision Making, Jun 2017, Ann Arbor, MI.
- (BBN15a) Karen Zita Haigh, Allan M. Mackay, Michael R. Cook, Li G. Lin,
"Parallel Learning and Decision Making for a Smart Embedded Communications Platform,"
BBN Technical Report 8579, August 2015.
- (AFRL15) Karen Zita Haigh, Cognitive Learning and Decision Making for EW,
presented at the 2015 Cognitive RF Tech Exchange, organized by AFRL, ONR, CERDEC, and DISA. At AFRL in Rome, NY.
I also presented this talk as an invited speaker at
The Capital Club, Association of Old Crows, Washington, DC, August 2015.
- (BBN15b) Karen Zita Haigh, Allan M. Mackay, Michael R. Cook, Li G. Lin,
"Machine Learning for Embedded Systems: A Case Study,"
BBN Technical Report 8571, March 2015.
- (Arg14) Simon Parsons, Katie Atkinson, Zimi Li, Peter McBurney, Elizabeth Sklar, Munindar Singh, Karen Haigh, Karl Levitt and Jeff Rowe, "Argument schemes for reasoning about trust." Argument and Computation, 5(2-3):160-190, 2014.
- (CogEW14) Karen Zita Haigh, Hala Mostafa, Joanne Como, Dianne Egnor,
"Modeling RF Interference Performance,"
43rd Annual Collaborative Electronic Warfare Symposium, Pt. Mugu, CA, April 2014. PDF of Abstract
- (CUMC13) Karen Zita Haigh, John Tranquilli, Dianne Egnor, Hala Mostafa,
Guevara Noubir, Scott Roche, Ravi Sundaram, "Optimizing Mitigation
Strategies: Learning to choose communication strategies to mitigate
interference", CUMC, McLean VA, November 2013.
- (AFRL 11) Karen Zita Haigh, Can Artificial Intelligence meet the Cognitive Networking Challenge?, invited presentation to AFRL, Sensors directorate, Dayton, OH, July 2011. A short form of this talk was presented at the Sept 21-22 AFRL Cognitive RF workshop and at the 12 Oct UMN DTC seminar. Journal paper, submission
- (TIST 11) Karen Zita Haigh and Fusun Yaman, ReCycle: Learning Looping Workflows from Annotated Traces, ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology, Vol. 2, No. 4, Article 42, pages 42:1-42:30, July 2011.
- (SYW 08) Dana Moore, Michael Thome and Dr. Karen Zita Haigh, Scripting Your World: The Official Guide to Scripting in Second Life, Wiley, 2008.
- (Globecom 07)
Gregory D. Troxel, Armando Caro, Isidro Castineyra, Nick Goffee, Karen
Zita Haigh, Talib Hussain, Vikas Kawadia, Paul G. Rubel, David Wiggins.
"Cognitive Adaptation for Teams in
In IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference,
- (ICNSC 2007)
Karen Zita Haigh, Olu Olofinboba, Choon Yik Tang, "Designing an Implementable
User-Oriented Objective Function for MANETs",
IEEE International Conference
On Networking, Sensing and Control, 2007, London, UK.
Karen Zita Haigh, Srivatsan Varadarajan, Choon Yik Tang, "Automatic Learning-based MANET
Cross-Layer Parameter Configuration", in
Wireless Ad hoc and Sensor Networks (WWASN2006), Lisbon, Portugal 2006.
Karen Zita Haigh, Liana Maria Kiff, Geoffrey Ho, "The Independent LifeStyle
AssistantTM (I.L.S.A.): Lessons
Learned." In Assistive Technology, 18:87-106, 2006.
- (Thesis) Karen Zita Haigh, "Situation-Dependent Learning for
Interleaved Planning and Robot Execution," PhD Thesis, School of Computer
Science, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3891, February 1998.
(AIPS 98) Karen Zita Haigh and Manuela M. Veloso, "Planning, Execution and Learning in a
Robotic Agent," in Artificial Intelligence Planning Systems (AIPS-98), June 1998. Pages 120-127. This paper is essentially a
summary of my thesis.