Jennifer Hyde's CV
Please click here for a pdf version of my CV.
Publications and PresentationsPlease be aware that some of my work was published under the name Jennifer Tam and that I now publish under the name Jennifer Hyde.
- Hyde, J., Carter, E.J., Kiesler, S., Hodgins, J.K. "Assessing Naturalness and Emotional Intensity: A Perceptual Study of Animated Facial Motion," in Proceedings of the 2014 ACM Symposium on Applied Perception (SAP '14). (In press).
- Hyde, J., Kiesler, S., Hodgins, J.K., Carter, E.J. "Conversing with Children: Cartoon and Video People Elicit Similar Conversational Behaviors," in Proceedings of the 2014 Annual Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '14), 1787-1796. (Honorable Mention).
- Hyde, J., Carter, E.J., Kiesler, S., Hodgins, J.K. "Perceptual Effects of Damped and Exaggerated Facial Motion in Animated Characters," in Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition (FG 2013), 1-6.
- Tam, J., Carter, E.J., Kiesler, S., Hodgins, J.K. "Video Increases the Perception of Naturalness During Remote Interactions with Latency," in Proceedings of the 2012 Annual Conference Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI EA '12), 2045-2050.
- Meeder, B., Tam, J., Kelley, P.G., Cranor, L.F. "RT @IWantPrivacy: Widespread Violation of Privacy Settings in the Twitter Social Network," Web 2.0 Security and Privacy Workshop, IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (W2SP 2010).
- Tam, J., Simsa, J., Hyde, S., Von Ahn, L. "Breaking Audio CAPTCHAs," Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 21 (NIPS 2008), MIT Press.
- Tam, J., Huggins-Daines, D., Von Ahn, L., Blum, M. “Improving Audio CAPTCHAs,” Presented at The Symposium on Accessible Privacy and Security (SOAPS 2008).