15-814 Types and Programming Languages
- Assignments generally are given out Tuesday and are due the
following Tuesday, but the schedule may vary.
- Unless otherwise noted, assignments are individual assignments. They must
represent your own work. You may consult any public
resources such as papers, reports, or lecture notes,
but you must explicitly credit such external resources in
your answers. You are not permitted to draw upon assignments or
solutions from previous instances of this course or other courses
in preparing your work.
policy on academic integrity
applies to this course.
- Some problems will be marked as subject to the Whiteboard Policy:
Once you have made an honest effort to solve a whiteboard
problem on your own, you are free to discuss that problem with your
classmates. At the end of your discussion, any record of the
discussion must be erased and you must wait a few hours before writing
your solution on your own. Practically, this means:
Please follow the spirit and the letter of this policy: its goals are
to help you learn, to ensure that you understand the work you submit,
and to ensure that your work is your own.
- If you work at a board, erase the board. Do not take
pictures of the board.
- If you write on pieces of paper throw them out at the end
of the discussion.
- Do not discuss problems over Slack, email, SMS,
- Homeworks may require small implementations, or simply write-ups
with LaTeX or with pencil and paper.
- If you want to typeset your answers, some sample LaTeX
lecture notes and necessary style file will be posted in the
misc/latex/ directory or are available
in the homework handouts.
- Emphasis is on correctness and
elegance. Some assignments may be very difficult. If
you cannot do them, write down your thoughts, but never hand back an
- Written homeworks are due at the beginning of lecture
on the due date. They should be submitted as PDFS via Canvas
before or on the due date.
- We will try our best to return graded homework during the lecture
following the due date.
- Assignment hand-in and grades are tracked