Kodu Resources for Teachers
David S. Touretzky
Carnegie Mellon University
Kodu Idiom Flash Cards
Kodu Tile Manipulatives
The Laws of Kodu
- The Laws of Kodu explain how the rule interpreter works, and are
crucial to students' understanding of Kodu.
Soon to be available as fridge magnets!
Kodu Instructional Videos
- Touretzky, D. S., Gardner-McCune, C., and Aggarwal, A. (2017) Semantic reasoning
in young programmers. Proceedings of SIGCSE '17, Seattle,
WA. Association for Computing Machinery.
- Aggarwal, A., Gardner-McCune, C., and Touretzky, D. S. (2017) Evaluating the
effect of using physical manipulatives to foster computational
thinking in elementary school. Proceedings of SIGCSE '17,
Seattle, WA. Association for Computing Machinery.
- Touretzky, D. S. (2016) Using Kodu to teach
reasoning about programs. Microsoft Webinar slides. Watch the
- Touretzky, D. S., Gardner-McCune, C., and Aggarwal, A. (2016) Teaching 'lawfulness'
with Kodu. Proceedings of SIGCSE '16, Memphis, TN.
Association for Computing Machinery. Slides.
- Aggarwal, A., Gardner-McCune, C., and Touretzky, D. S. (2016) Designing and refining of questions
to assess students' ability to mentally simulate programs and predict
program behavior. Poster presented at SIGCSE'16.
- Touretzky, D. S. (2014) Teaching Kodu
with physical manipulatives. ACM Inroads, 5(4):44-51.
Touretzky, D. S., Marghitu, D., Ludi, S., Bernstein, D., and Ni,
L. (2013) Accelerating
computational thinking using scaffolding, staging, and
abstraction. Proceedings of SIGCSE '13, Denver, CO. Association
for Computing Machinery, pp. 609-614.
Click here for access to our experimental
Kodu curriculum, still under development.