15-213/18-243 Introduction to Computer Systems: FAQ
Table of Contents
- How can I get help in 15-213?
We're glad you asked! You can always email us at email@example.com or stop by office hours.
- When I try to run an executable file included in a lab handout, I get a "Permission denied" error. What should I do?
The executable bit is not set. Run "chmod +x <filename>" to set the executable bit.
This problem may occur if you extract the handout tarball on a Windows machine. Always extract the handout on a Linux machine.
- How do I extract a tarball on a Linux machine?
Run "tar -xvf <filename>" to extract it.
- Do I need to sign up for an exam slot?
No, just show up.
- Will there still be class on Tuesday and Wednesday during the midterm?
- Will there be office hours during exam days?
No, but you can always come find a TA in the exam room if you're desperate for a TA.
- Will there be recitation on Thursday?
No; happy 4th of July!