15-213 Introduction to Computer Systems (ICS): Exams
- There are two online exams: a midterm and a final.
- All exams are closed book, closed notes.
- However, you may bring one (1) double-sided 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of notes,
which can be handwritten or typed, to the midterm, and you may
bring two (2) double-sided 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of notes to the final.
- Your note sheet may not contain any pre-worked problems.
- You may also bring blank scratch paper, but you are not permitted to use a
calculator or any other electronic aid.
- There will be questions similar to previous exams, questions that
will test your understanding of the lab material, and new types of
Check back later for more information.
Note that there will be several opportunities to take the final
exam (once per person!). Most students will either take the final at the
Friday at the end of classes in the summer semester or during MS orientation
week (typically Thursday or Friday). For students for whom these two times
do not work, an emergency backup exam is offered during the first week of
classes (though this is not without complications for registration).