15-213 Introduction to Computer Systems: Exams
- There are two proctored online exams: a midterm and a final.
- All exams are closed book, closed notes.
- However, you may bring one (1) double-sided 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of notes,
which can be handwritten or typed, to the midterm, and you may
bring two (2) double-sided 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of notes to the final.
- Your note sheet may not contain any pre-worked problems.
- You may also bring blank scratch paper, but you are not permitted to use a
calculator or any other electronic aid.
- There will be questions similar to previous exams, questions that
will test your understanding of the lab material, and new types of
Midterm Exam - Tue Oct 20 to Fri Oct 23
The midterm will be delivered online over a span of 4 days, Tue 10/20 to Fri 10/23,
in a set of proctored network-isolated clusters.
- If you are on the Pittsburgh campus, then
up here to reserve your exam time slot. SV students will be
taking a proctored paper exam on the the SV campus and
should not sign up for a time slot.
- On the day of the exam, please report to GHC 5207 30 minutes
ahead of your starting time. The TAs there will then direct you to
your assigned cluster.
- Once you are at your assigned cluster, the TAs will check your
student ID and give you your password that will allow you login to the
The nominal time for the exam is 80-90 minutes, but students will have
4 hours to complete the exam if they need the extra time.
- You are responsible for everything in Chapters 1-3 and Chapter
6 in your textbook.
- Your TAs will hold an exam review during recitation on
Monday, Oct 19.
- To study, read each chapter three times, work the practice
problems, and do problems from previous exams. Note that in previous
years, Chapter 6 (memory hierarchy) was covered by Exam 2: