New additions to the Computer Vision Homepage (Spring, 1999)
See what was added in the past:
- Source_code: Moxy - build AVI animations from images - Moxy is a tool for construction AVI files, a common type of video animation format. It also has limited video editing capabilities.
- Source_code: Multi-Threaded Image Processing - commercial Image Processing Environment with ISO12087 based "drag and drop" modules and a powerful API for C,C++ programming of own modules.
- Conference: Irish Machine Vision and Image Processing Conference 1999 - The 1999 Irish Machine Vision & Image Processing (IMVIP) Conference will be hosted by Dublin City University, bringing together theoreticians and practitioners, industrialists and academics, from the numerous related disciplines involved in the processing and analysis of image-based information.
- Hardware: Bill and Jack's Robot and Video Page - Sellers of surplus video cameras and LCD displays
- Group: U California Davis - Image Sequence Processing Group - Specializes in the application of vision models (particularly local frequency representations and segmentation-based models) to image and image sequence processing and computer vision.
- Hardware: Control Vision Corp. Imaging Systems - Maker of several digitizers for the PC
- Demo: Digital Image Analysis System - fully functional online version of the DIAS image processing system.
- Group: U Georgia - Visual and Parallel Computing Laboratory - The goal of the VPCL is to advance the state of the art in the theory and applications of Visual Computing and Parallel Computing. Current projects deal with machine vision for inspection and production planning, image analysis of DNA microarrays, pattern recognition problems in DNA analysis, analysis of motion in video sequences and applications of parallel computing to the above problems.
- Hardware: License Plate Systems and Lenses - lens magnifies 2x vertically, allowing single field capture of images without the usual image flattening effect.
- Group: Hungarian Academy of Sciences - Image and Pattern Analysis Group - Textures and patterns: fundamental structural features Motion: feature-based tracking Image and video databases: retrieval Industrial inspection: shape defect detection
- Conference: IEEE Workshop on the Integration of Appearance and Geometric Methods in Object Recognition - In conjunction with CVPR 99.
- Source_code: The Image Processing Tool Kit - Comprehensive set of image processing and analysis routines in the form of Photoshop-compatible plug-ins for Mac and PC, with extensive tutorial. (commercial package $$)
- Conference: Euro-Par '99 - a parallel computing conference, but one track (topic 12) relevant: Architectures and Algorithms for Vision and other Senses
- Hardware: Data Recorder for PCI Bus Data Sources - XLRWrite Disk Recorder records data from PCI data and image capture cards at sustained rates up to 800MB/s for over 225 GB.
- Source_code: Visus Imaging - Image analysis toolkit and complete systems aimed at researchers and microscopists in Biomedical and Material Sciences. (commercial product $$)
- Conference: Image Processing Methods in Applied Mechanics (Euromech 406) - A common platform for groups working on development and application of modern image acquisition and image processing methods in fluid and solid mechanics.
- Related: Retinex Image Processing - Provides technical information about the Retinex image enhancement algorithm, as well as numerous application examples.
- Test_image: Digital Embryos - Digital embryos are novel objects which may be used to develop and test object recognition systems. They have an organic appearance.
- Hardware: Line Scan Camera and Processor Hardware - Systems for line scan vision acquisition and processing.
- Source_code: Perl Data Language - An extension to perl that implements fast, compact manipulation of large, N-dimensional data arrays for scientific computing and image processing.
- Conference: The 4th International Conference on Advances in Pattern Recognition and Digital Techniques
- Test_image: The AR Face Database - Contains over 4,000 color images corresponding to 126 people's faces (70 men and 56 women). Frontal views with variations in facial expressions, illumination, and occlusions.
- Hardware: 3D Scanners - Maker of high-speed laser scanning systems and software for creating 3-D models.
- Group: Lehigh U - Vision And Software Technology Laboratory - Research includes 3D vision, real-time tracking, omni-directional processing, remote reality and teleoperation, super-resolution imaging, medical-imaging, multi-res imaging/algorithms, image-oriented user interface issues, IUE, CORBA, and DCE.
- Conference: International Conference on Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition & Image Processing
- Group: U São Paulo - Creative Vision Group - Specializes in person recognition using video sequences
- Conference: Asian Conference on Computer Vision
- Group: Luebeck University of Medicine - Institute for Signal Processing - Medical and industial image processing, pattern recognition and classification bio-signal processing,
- Source_code: GD - a graphics library for GIF creation - provides GIF read/write code in a C library. It also provides minimal image manipulation functions (lines, arcs, text, colors). Includes versions for Unix and Windows systems.
- Demo: Content-Based Image Retrieval: Surfimage - Demonstrate a CBIR system using relevance feedback
- Info: efg's Image Processing Reference Library - Very nice collection of image processing links and more. catgories include: General, Databases, Algorithms, Medical, Software Packages, Image Registration, Math Tech, Resources.
- Info: efg's Color Reference Library - Collection of links about Color Science and other Color Information
- Demo: Online Image Segmentation - The applet demonstrates one basic region segmentation algorithm that we have developed for images and videos.
- Source_code: LookingGlass Real-time ImageProcessing System - multithreaded PC-based image proccessing environment that supports realtime video processing.
- Source_code: SDC Morphology Toolbox for Matlab - Matlab add-on: Gray-scale morphological tools for image segmentation, non-linear filtering, pattern recognition and image analysis: watershed, Euclidean distance transform, top-hat, reconstruction. (many real-life demonstrations)
Computer Vision Homepage
(last updated Thu Oct 14 10:23 EDT 1999)
Please submit new links using our
or send email to