From: John McLaurin <asailsman@earthlink.net>
To: 'support@gesn.com' <support@gesn.com>
Date: Thursday, May 20, 1999 2:57 PM
Subject: New Alaska Question

>Gail poses the following question relative to the previous request:   The
Governor is holding a special session relative to this issue can someone in
support get back ASAP.  Thanks in advance

>New question:
>Can GEMS be programmed to do the following:
>Question 1:  Should Alaska adopt a long range fiscal plan?  YES  NO
>If the voter votes YES they can proceed to question 2, which would give
them the option of picking Plan A or Plan B  with Yes or No options.  If the
voter votes NO, can GEMS be programmed to reject a ballot if the voter tries
to vote on question 2.  Because it makes no sense for the voter to say they
don't want a long range fiscal plan
>and then turn around and vote for a plan.....
>I would appreciate an answer ASAP, as this is a burning legislative topic.
Our legislature did not reach a resolution about this issue during the
regular session, which ended last night at midnight.  So, the governor has
called them back into special session today.