Re: 1.94w firmware test

Problems
  • Memory cards programmed in 1.94x fed into a 1.95d AccuVote result in 'Please Re-Insert Memory Card' on several passes.  The memory cards may be successfully cleared using the 1.95d firmware in the Memory Card Test in Diagnostics Mode.
  From the inception of 1.95 we haven't worried about compatibility with 1.94 memory cards and therefore they will not recognize the other's memory cards as formatted.  With version 2 we are working on a mechanism that will allow the Accu-Vote to at least recognize that a memory card is formatted for an incompatible version (although it still won't recognize 1.9x memory cards).
  • A blank voted card is returned with the 'Blank Voted Race' message but the override message printed on the AccuVote tape is 'blank voted card' (AccuVote parameters are set to return both blank voted cards as well as ballots with blank voted races)
  Is the memory card programmed to print an override log message for Blank Voted Races?  The Accu-Vote displays an error message only for the first error that it encounters but if you override the reject, then all errors that are being overridden AND are flagged to be printed should be printed on the override log.

                  Guy
--
Guy Lancaster <glanca@gesn.com>
Global Election Systems Inc., Victoria, B.C., Canada