RE: Blank Ballot Warning

The only thing that I ask is that we maintain consistent colors...if the cast ballot button is green, then the instructions should be green.

rob chen
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Ken Clark
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 2:34 PM
To: rcr@dieboldes.com
Subject: RE: Blank Ballot Warning

I think there is a bug here that might help a bit.  In the TSText directory, there is a file RVD_NoVotesRecordButtonText.rtf.  It is supposed to say "Cast Blank Ballot".  It instead says “Cast Ballot”.  If we make it say the right thing, then at least the user would be making a pretty obvious choice when pressing the button.

The most recent cast blank ballot text should look like:

ATTENTION

You are about to cast a BLANK BALLOT,

which means you have not voted

a candidate or Issue.

Touch   Review Ballot   to go back to vote

OR

Touch   Cast [Blank] Ballot   to vote a blank ballot

(the [Blank] part is my edit).  This seems to be pretty big/obvious from here.  Is this what they are seeing on the screen?

The VIBS warning is a good point.  It is a trivial change, notwithstanding the fact that I don’t know who is responsible for recording the new audio.  We’ll include this in 4.4.1.