synopsis: My principal research interests lie
in the development of machine learning and statistical methodology,
and large-scale computational system and infrastructure, for solving problems involving automated learning,
reasoning, and decision-making in high-dimensional, multimodal, and
dynamic possible worlds in social and biological systems.
Current Students and Postdocs:
Past Students and Postdocs:
Ahmed, Research Scientist, Google
- Ross Curtis, Software Engineer, AncestryDNA
- Jacob Eisenstein, Assistant
Professor, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Weijie Fu, Software Engineer, Facebook
- Anuj Goyal, Software Engineer, LinkedIn
- Steve Hanneke, Visiting Assistant
Professor, Carnegie Mellon University
- Kamisetty Hetunandan, Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Washington
Kim, Postdoctoral Fellow, Disney Lab
- Judie Howrylak, Assistant Professor, Penn State University
- Seyoung Kim, Assistant Professor, Carnegie Mellon University
- Mladen Kolar, Assistant Professor, University of Chicago
Martins, Research Scientist, Priberam Labs and
Instituto Superior Técnico
Puniyani, Research Scientist, Google
- Pradipta Ray,
Research Scientist, University of Taxes Dallas
- Suyash Shringarpure, Postdoctoral researcher, Stanford University
- Kyung-Ah Sohn, Assistant Professor, Ajou University
Song, Assistant Professor, Georgia Institute
Wang, Technical Lead, Voleon Inc.
- Sinead Williamson, Assistant Professor, University of Taxes Austin
- Bing Zhao, Research Scientist, SRI
- Jun Zhu, Associate Professor, Tsinghua University
Research and Development:
On December 25th, 2013, we have made an alpha-release of Petuum, a
framework for distributed machine learning with massive data, big
models, and a wide spectrum of algorithms.
I am teaching Probabilistic Graphical
(10708) in Spring 2014.
Programm Committee Chair, ICML 2014.
Action Editor/Associate Editor: JASA, AOAS,
JMLR, MLJ, and PAMI.