Re: Accu-vote & digital phones

Ken Clark wrote:
...  There is no such thing as a "digital modem" -- that is an oxymoron.

  True but what would you call a device that would allow us to plug into a truely digital line such as ISDN and would give us an RS232 port that we connect to an Accu-Vote's serial port and that has a command set comparable to the Hayes AT commands?  I suspect that the term "modem" has evolved (or devolved) from it's original definition.  Have you tried a search on "digital modem"?  Seems to be a serious rising market.

Eg: Digital Modem Portware
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/cis3600/3600_pw/

           Guy