I am a sixth year PhD student at Carnegie Mellon University, Computer Science Department.
I am currently ABD in absentia working for Oracle Corporation in Cambridge, MA.
I am interested in formal methods, verification, programming languages, type systems.
My email address is: lnistor at cs.cmu.edu .
My CV is here.
My PhD advisor is Prof. Jonathan Aldrich.
My thesis proposal [PDF]
I obtained my MSc in Computer Science from Oxford University in 2009.
My final thesis was titled Model-Checking Higher-Order Recursion Schemes , under the supervision of Prof. Luke Ong. You can read my thesis here.
- Ligia Nistor and Jonathan Aldrich, The Modularity and Automation of Object Propositions, In preparation, [PDF]
- Ligia Nistor and Jonathan Aldrich, Using Machine Learning in the Automatic Translation of Object Propositions, AI4FM, 2014. [PDF]
- Cyrus Omar, Darya Kurilova, Ligia Nistor, Benjamin Chung, Alex Potanin and Jonathan Aldrich, Safely Composable Type-Specific Languages, ECOOP, 2014. To appear.
- Ligia Nistor, Jonathan Aldrich, Stephanie Balzer and Hannes Mehnert, Object Propositions, 19th International Symposium on Formal
Methods, 2014. [PDF]
- Technical Report CMU-CS-13-132 [PDF]
- Object propositions soundness proof [PDF]
- Composite pattern proof [PDF]
- Ligia Nistor, Darya Kurilova, Stephanie Balzer, Benjamin Chung, Alex Potanin and Jonathan Aldrich, Wyvern: A Simple, Typed, and Pure Object-Oriented Language, International Workshop on Mechanisms for Specialization, Generalization and Inheritance (MASPEGHI) , 2013. [PDF]
- Ligia Nistor and Jonathan Aldrich, Verifying Object-Oriented Code Using Object Propositions, International Workshop on Aliasing, Confinement and Ownership, 2011. [PDF]
- Sarah M. Loos, Andre Platzer, and Ligia Nistor, Adaptive Cruise Control: Hybrid, Distributed, and Now Formally Verified, 17th International Symposium on Formal Methods, 2011. [PDF]
- Tanu Malik, Ligia Nistor, and Ashish Gehani, Tracking and Sketching Distributed Data Provenance, 6th IEEE International Conference on e-Science, 2010. [PDF]
During Fall 2011 I was a TA for 15150 Functional Programming.
During Fall 2012 I was a TA for 15210 Parallel & Sequential Data Structures and Algorithms.
These are the courses that I took at Oxford University:
1.Lambda Calculus and Types
2.Automata, Logic and Games
3.Computer Aided Formal Verification
5.Probabilistic Model Checking
These are the courses that I took at Carnegie Mellon University:
1. Machine Learning (Fall 2009)
2. Type Systems for Programming Languages (Fall 2009)
3. Data, Code, Decisions (Fall 2009)
4.Graduate Algorithms (Spring 2010)
5.Advanced OS and Distributed Systems (Spring 2010)
6.Randomized Algorithms (Spring 2011)
7.V Unit (completed December 2011) [Final Report]
8. Computer Architecture (Fall 2011)
During summer 2012 I interned with Duolingo.
I was part of the team (Team UBA) that won second place at the Social Innovation Solutions Challenge 2012 , on Jan 31 2012. Our team designed an innovative health care product for inner-city Americans.
I love running. I have a goldfish called Finn. I like to paint and I advertise my paintings on my ArtPal page.