15-814 Types and Programming Languages
- Assignments generally are given out Tuesday and are due the
following Tuesday, but the schedule may vary.
- Unless otherwise noted, assignments are individual assignments. They must
represent your own work. You may consult any public
resources such as papers, reports, or lecture notes,
but you must explicitly credit such external resources in
your answers. You are not permitted to draw upon assignments or
solutions from previous instances of this course or other courses
in preparing your work.
policy on academic integrity
applies to this course.
- Some problems may be explicitly annotated as allowing collaboration,
with a problem-specific policy spelled out.
- Homeworks may require small implementations, or write-ups with
LaTeX or with pencil and paper and scanned as a (legible!)
- If you want to typeset your answers, some sample LaTeX
lecture notes and necessary style file will be posted in the
misc/latex/ directory or are available
in the homework handouts.
- Emphasis is on correctness and
elegance. Some assignments may be difficult. If
you cannot do them, write down your thoughts, but never hand back an
- Written homeworks are due at 11:59pm on the due date.
- Homework may be handed in late without penalty if the
instructor is notified in advance.
See Assignment Due Dates.
- Assigments should be submitted as PDFs
- We will try our best to return graded homework by the end of the
week it was due.
- Assignment hand-in and grades are tracked