Grading and Policies
Grading will be based on class participation, assignments, a midterm,
and a final project. The assignments are worth 30% of the final
grade, midterm exam is worth 30% of the final grade, final
project is worth 35% of the final grade, and class participation
is worth 5% of the final grade.
- There will be a problem set about every two weeks.
- All homeworks are due at the beginning of class.
- All homeworks must be either typed, preferably in LaTeX, or legible if it's paper copy.
- We will not accept late submission.
- You are welcome to confer with other students on homeworks,
just don't turn in the exact same solution.
You have to prepare the solution individually.
- At the top of your assignment, write down whom you worked with, if anyone.
It can be surprisingly easy to detect when
students are not doing their own work. Working with others on
the assignments does not mean dividing the problems among you,
and then swapping answers.