- All devices such as laptops, cell phones, noisy PDAs, etc.
should be turned off for the duration of the lecture is and the
recitations, because they may distract our fellow students.
- Please come to all lectures on time and leave on time, again so
that there are no distractions to the classmates.
Questions and requests
- All questions should go to the TAs, or on the 'blackboard' system.
- Regrading requests should be done in writing, via e-mail
to the TAs and the instructor, at the latest 48 hours after graded
exams or assignments are distributed by the instructor or the
- The homework due date and time is the one posted on the
- Slip days: To
accommodate for coinciding deadlines you may have from other
courses, or personal unforeseen events such as sickness, each
student is granted an automatic extension of 4 calendar days. You can use the
extension on any assignment(s) remaining during the semester. For
instance, you can hand in one assignment 4 days late, or each of
four assignments 1 day late.
- Late days are rounded up to the nearest integer. For example, a
submission that is 4 hours late will count as one day late.
- When you hand in a late assignment, you must identify at the
top of the assignment, (i) how late this assignment is, and (ii)
how much of the total slip time you have left.
- After you have used up your slip time, any assignment handed in
late will be marked off 25%
- Additional, no-penalty extensions will be granted only in
(medical emergency, immediate family emergency). Contact the
instructor, with written documentation, like doctor's note.
Last modified: Aug. 22, 2009, by