- 11/17: Homework #10 is released, and examples for tree locking.
- 11/11: HW9 Recitation slides Phase II are released together with
login.jsp and user.jsp.
- 11/10: Homework 8 Solutions are up.
- 11/6: HW9 Recitation slides Phase I are released.
- 11/1: Homework #9 is released.
- 11/1: Homework 7 Solutions are up.
- 10/27: Homework 6 Solutions are up.
- 10/22: Explanation on homework 5 solution is released.
- 10/20: Homework #8 is released
(slightly ahead of time)
10/20: Midterm and homework pick-up:
for the moment, from the instructor,
at GHC 8019 (Charlotte Yano is on leave)
- 10/20: Homework #7 is released.
- 10/15: Homework 5 solution (code) is released.
- 10/8: Homework 3 Solutions are up
- 10/7: Midterm study guide released
- 10/4: New version of db_asn5.zip is released, with corrected
test_allpairs.sol (source code is still the same).
- 10/4:Homework #6 is released (ahead of time)
- 9/17: Homework 2 Solutions are up
- 9/30: Recitation slides on homework #5 is released.
- 9/28:Homework #5 is released,
along with db_asn5.zip
- 9/17:Homework 1 Solutions are up
- 9/16: NO CLASSES/office hours next week
- due date for Homework#3: extended by a week, to 9/29
- 9/15:Homework #3 is released,
along with postgres help
Instructor office hours become Wed 11-12noon, for the rest
of the semester, and by appointment
Homework #2 is released,
along with 15415-hw2.db
office hours for Leman, until Sept. 12. The rest of the
teaching staff will hold office ours as
- 8/26: Homework #1 is
released, along with 15415-hw1.db and movie_ratings.csv data files
- 8/22: url for this very web site: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~christos/courses/dbms-F09/
- 8/22: no TA office hours for the first week of 8/24
Instructor: Christos Faloutsos
Hours: Wed 11:00AM-12:00noon, GHC8019)
Course Secretary: Charlotte Yano
- Leman Akoglu
(Office Hours: Thu 10-11AM, GHC 9021, Email: lakoglu AT
- B. Aditya
Prakash (Office Hours: Tue 10-11AM, GHC 6008, Email: badityap
Marilyn Walgora, as of 10/19.
GHC 5222, Tue-Thur 1:30-3:00PM
Wed 2:30-4:30PM (only before major homeworks -
BULLETIN BOARD and other info
MISC - FUN: