Welcome To My Website
I am a Ph.D. student at Language Technologies Institute, School of Computer Science,
Carnegie Mellon University, since Fall 2009.
I am co-advised by Prof. William Cohen and Prof. Jamie Callan, in the area of Information Extraction and Information Retrieval.
I have completed my Masters in 2007 from IIT Bombay under the guidance of Prof. S. Sudarshan. I worked in Google India from 2007-2009 as a Software Engineer.
Google Scholar Profile
- Machine Learning
- Probabilistic Graphical Models
- Information Retrieval
- Classifying Entities into an Incomplete Ontology , Bhavana Dalvi Mishra, William W. Cohen and Jamie Callan, accepted at AKBC 2013, 3rd Knowledge Extraction workshop at CIKM 2013. pdf
- Exploratory Learning , Bhavana Dalvi Mishra, William W. Cohen and Jamie Callan, to appear in Proceedings of European Conference on “Machine Learning” ECML/PKDD 2013 pdf [code]
- Very Fast Similarity Queries on Semi-Structured Data from the Web , Bhavana Dalvi and William W. Cohen, Proceedings of the SIAM International Conference on Data Mining SDM 2013 pdf
- Collectively Representing Semi-Structured Data from the Web , Bhavana Dalvi, William W. Cohen and Jamie Callan, Proceedings of the NAACL HLT 2012 Workshop on Automatic Knowledge Base Construction and Web-scale Knowledge Extraction AKBC-WEKEX 2012 pdf (Best paper runner-up)
- WebSets: Extracting Sets of Entities from the Web Using
Unsupervised Information Extraction, Bhavana Dalvi, William W. Cohen and Jamie Callan, Proceedings of the The Fifth ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining, WSDM 2012 pdf (Datasets and Evaluation : link)
- From Topic Models to Semi-Supervised Learning: Biasing Mixed-membership Models to Exploit Topic-Indicative Features in Entity Clustering , Ramnath Balasubramanyan, Bhavana Dalvi Mishra and William W. Cohen, to appear in Proceedings of European Conference on “Machine Learning” ECML/PKDD 2013 pdf
- Entity List Completion Using Set Expansion Techniques, Bhavana Dalvi, Jamie Callan and William Cohen, Proceedings of the The Nineteenth Text REtrieval Conference, TREC 2010 pdf
- Structure, Tie Persistence and Event Detection in Large Phone and SMS Networks, Leman Akoglu and Bhavana Dalvi, Proceedings of the Eighth Workshop on Mining and Learning with Graphs, KDD 2010 pdf
- Keyword search on external memory data graphs, Bhavana Bharat Dalvi, Meghana Kshirsagar and S. Sudarshan, Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment, VLDB 2008 pdf
Office: 5509, Gates Hillman Center, CMU.
Email: bbd AT cs DOT cmu DOT edu
- Listening to music
- Reading motivational books
- Watching animation movies