Improving Machine Translation
- "Automatic Improvement of Machine Translation Systems". Ph.D. Dissertation, Carnegie Mellon University. August 2007
- "Improving Transfer-Based MT Systems with Automatic Refinements" with Jaime Carbonell and Alon Lavie. To appear in MT Summit XI, Copenhagen, Denmark. pdf
- "A Walk on the Other Side:
Adding Statistical Components to a Transfer-Based Translation System" with Stephan Vogel. Syntax and Structure in Statistical Translation (SSST) Workshop at HLT-NAACL, 26 April 2007, Rochester, New York, USA. pdf
- "The Inner Works of an Automatic Rule Refiner for Machine Translation" with William Ridmann. METIS-II Workshop, January 11, 2007, Leuven, Belgium. pdf
- "Automating Post-Editing to Improve MT Systems" with Jaime Carbonell. Automated Post-Editing Workshop at AMTA, August 12, 2006, Boston, USA. pdf
- "Giving the Power to Bilingual Speakers". Position Paper for the Automated Post-Editing Workshop at AMTA, August 12, 2006, Boston, USA. pdf
- "Can the Internet help improve Machine Translation". Doctoral Consortium at HLT-NAACL, June 4, 2006, New York, USA. pdf [slides] [poster]
- "A Framework for Interactive and Automatic Refinement of Transfer-based Machine Translation" with Jaime Carbonell and Alon Lavie. EAMT 10th Annual Conference 30-31 May 2005, Budapest, Hungary. pdf
- "Building NLP Systems For Two Resource-Scarce Indigenous Languages: Mapudungun and Quechua". Christian Monson, Ariadna Font Llitjos, Roberto Aranovich, Lori Levin, Ralf Brown, Eric Peterson, Jaime Carbonell, and Alon Lavie. In LREC 2006: Fifth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation. pdf
- "Building Machine translation systems for indigenous languages" with Roberto Aranovich and Lori Levin. Second Conference on the Indigenous Languages of Latin America (CILLA II), 27-29 October 2005, Texas, USA. pdf
- "Error Analysis of Two Types of Grammar for the Purpose of Automatic Rule Refinement" with Katharina Probst and Jaime Carbonell. AMTA, 2004, Washington, USA. pdf
- "The Translation Correction Tool: English-Spanish user studies" with Jaime Carbonell. In Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), 2004. Lisbon, Portugal. pdf
- "Data Collection and Analysis of Mapudungun Morphology for Spelling Correction". Christian Monson, Lori Levin, Rodolfo Vega, Ralf Brown, Ariadna Font Llitjos, Alon Lavie, Jaime Carbonell, Eliseo Cañulef, and Rosendo Huisca. LREC, 2004, Lisbon, Portugal. pdf
- "A Trainable Transfer-based Machine Translation Approach for Languages with Limited Resources". Lavie, A., K. Probst, E. Peterson, S. Vogel, L.Levin, A. Font-Llitjos and J. Carbonell. In Proceedings of Workshop of the European Association for Machine Translation (EAMT-2004), Valletta, Malta, 2004. pdf
- "Experiments with a Hindi-to-English Transfer-based MT System under a Miserly Data Scenario". Lavie, A., S. Vogel, L. Levin, E. Peterson, K. Probst, A. Font Llitjos, R. Reynolds, J. Carbonell, and R. Cohen. ACM Transactions on Asian Language Information Processing (TALIP), to appear in 2(2), June 2003. pdf
- Construction of a Spanish Generation module in the framework of a General-Purpose, Multilingual Natural Language Processing System, with Maite Melero (Microsoft Research, Natural Language Department).
In 7th Simposium of Social Communication, Santiago de Cuba, 2001.
- Lessons Learned from a Task-Based Evaluation of Speech-to-Speech Machine Translation, with L. Levin, Boris Bartlog, Donna Gates, Alon Lavie, Dorcas Wallace, Taro Watanabe and Monika Woszczyna. In LREC 2000, Athens, pages 721-724.
Building Voicexml-based applications, with Christina Bennett, Stefanie Shriver, Alexander Rudnicky and Alan W Black. ICSLP 2002. Denver, USA.
Unit Selection without a Phoneme Set, with Alan W Black. IEEE Synthesis Workshop 2002. Santa Monica, USA.
Improving Speech Synthesis
Improving Pronunciation Accuracy of Proper Names with Language Origin Classes. Masters Thesis, August 2001. CMU-LTI-01-169. Carnegie Mellon University. pdf
Improving Pronunciation Accuracy of Proper Names with Language Origin Classes. ESSLLI 2002 Trento, Italy.
Automatic Pronunciation of Proper Names using Language Origin Classes and Unsupervised Clustering. ACL Student Session 2002, Philadelphia, USA
Evaluation and collection of proper name pronunciations online, with Alan Black. LREC 2002, Las Palmas, Spain
Knowledge of Language Origin Improves Pronunciation Accuracy of Proper Names, with Alan Black. Eurospeech 2001, Aalborg, Denmark
Panel: Making Waves in K-12 Perceptions of Computing. The Evolution of Outreach Programs with Anissa Agah St. Pierre from University of Victoria, Canada. Other Panelists: Emily Treat,
Ruizhen Feng and
The 6th Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC): Making Waves, 2006, San Diego, USA. [Proposal] [Final Short Paper]
Diverstity and Outreach
Will also participate in the following Panel: Ripple Effects: Increasing the Diversity of Creators
and Consumers of Computing Technology with M. Bernardine Dias,
Carol Frieze, Joseph S. Mertz, jr.,
G. Ayorkor Mills-Tettey,
Ling Xu and
Vinithra Varadharajan The 6th Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC): Making Waves, 2006, San Diego, USA. [Abstract, Bios and Final Short Paper]
"Women@IT: Graduate Education, The Next Big Thing" with Lenore Blum, Carol Frieze, Bernardine Dias and other students: Gita Sukthankar, Tina Bennett, Jing Chen and Ting Chih-Shih. The 5th Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC): Making History, celebrating the impact of women - past, present, and future - on computing, 2004, Chicago, USA.
My 2 cents to the panel "From Bits to Bots: Women Everywhere, Leading the Way": AVENUE, Automatic Machine Translation for low-density languages. Grace Hopper Celebration, 2002 Vancouver, Canada.
power point presentation
Developing a Quechua-Spanish Machine Translation System. Final Report for the V-Unit. October 2005.
Educación en lengua autóctona: el caso del catalán. Congreso de Pedagogía Educación Bilingüe Intercultural (EBI) 2005. Velille, Chumbivilcas, Peru.
Improving Machine Translation |
Improving Speech Synthesis |
Dialogue Systems |
Diversity & Outreach |
home | research | publications | courses | bio
a> | links
Ariadna Font Llitjós
Last modified: Tue Jul 2 15:53:37 EDT 2002