New additions to the Computer Vision Homepage (Summer, 2000)
See what was added in the past:
- Group: INRIA - Surgery, Informatics & Robotics (Chirurgie, Informatique & Robotique) - research in the key areas of robotics surgery: modeling of deformable organs, planning and simulation of robotics procedures and safe & real-time integration.
- Group: Rovira i Virgili U - Intelligent Robotics and Computer Vision Group - Research Lines: Disassembly Planning, Multiagent Systems, Planning and Scheduling, Image Analysis and Processing, 3D Modeling, Real-Time Systems, Computer Architectures
- Conference: Third International Workshop on Energy Minimization Methods in Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
- Conference: ECAI Workshop on Machine Learning in Computer Vision - This workshop will provide a forum for discussing current research in AI and pattern recognition that pertains to machine learning in computer vision systems. Main research issues addressed in the workshop are: models of a computer vision system that might be learned, machine learning paradigms and strategies most appropriate to the computer vision domain, representation of visual information, evaluation of learned models for computer vision systems.
- Source_code: Hello Vision 2000 - a visual programming environment for image processing (Windows platforms)
- Group: INRIA Rhone-Alpes - Models for Computer Vision
- Group: Vienna University of Technology - Pattern Recognition and Image Processing Group - Object recognition, 3D Computer Vision, Graph theory in CV, AI methods in CV
- Hardware: IQinVision - maker of digital camera systems with built in ethernet (target market is web cameras).
- Group: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory - Imaging and Collaborative Computing Group - Algorithms and software tools for scientific imaging applications.
- Related: Face Detection Homepage - A collection of useful resources about the task of finding human faces.
- Conference: 2001 International Conference on Image Proccessing - ICIP-2001 is the seventh international conference on theoretical, experimental and applied image processing. It provides a unique, centralized, high-quality forum for presentation of technological advances and research results by scientists and engineers working in Image Processing and associated discipline, such as multimedia and video technology. Also encouraged are image processing applications in areas such as biomedical and earth sciences.
- Hardware: Spectronix - Manufacturer of embedded digital camera modules for robot vision.
- Source_code: Reviver - A Practical Provable Surface Reconstructor - Free software that takes unorganised point clouds as input and produces 3D models automatically in various industry standard formats (runs on Unix and Windows)
- Related: Surface Reconstruction Links - a collection of links related to surface reconstruction research, code, people, etc.
- Test_image: View Sphere Database - Images of 8 objects seen from many different view points. The view sphere is sampled using a geodesic with 172 images/sphere. Two sets for training and testing are available.
- Group: U Oxford - Robotics Research Group - Active Vision, Projective Geometry, Medical Image Analysis
- Group: French Ministry of Defense (DGA) - Geography, Imagery, and Perception Group - The activities concerned are the processing and the exploitation of information, available mainly but not restrictively to images (visible, infrared, synthetic aperture radar), applied to robotics, image-based intelligence and geomatics.
- Conference: Advanced Concepts for Intelligent Vision SYstems - Following ACIVS'99, the present symposium will focus on the relationships between low-level and high-level Image Processing algorithms, between the components of hybrid Imaging Systems and will thus also address the assessment and the evaluation of the algorithms involved in the various parts of an intelligent Vision System.
- Conference: The 5th International Conference on Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis: New Information Technologies - Pattern Recognition, Image Processing, Image Analysis, Software, Information Technologies, Databases, Knowledge Bases, Geographic and Cartographic Information Systems, Computer Vision
- Test_image: Modis Airborne simulator, Gallery and data set - High Altitude Imagery from around the world for environmental modeling in support of NASA EOS program
- Source_code: PiXCL and geoPiXCL - A commercial image processing scripting language and Win9x/NT/2000 EXE builder for TWAIN scanner and digital camera image sources. geoPiXCL adds geographic imagery extensions. IP and geo library APIs are available.
- Publication: Bibliographies on Computer Graphics and Vision - Links to dozens of searchable vision-related bibs with bibTeX sources for browsing.
- Hardware: Allison Park Group - Maker of harsh environment camera enclosures for machine vision applications
- Conference: Third International Conference on 3-D Digital Imaging and Modeling - 3-D digital imaging and modeling is one of the fastest growing digital technologies. Important applications such as robotics, rapid product development, human modeling, medicine, virtual reality and scientific imaging attest to the far reaching implications of research in this field. The second conference, held in 1999, provided a unique forum on 3D imaging and modeling for 150 researchers and developers from more than 15 countries. It is in this context that the Third International Conference on 3-D Imaging and Modeling will take place. Sponsored and organized by the National Research Council of Canada the conference will look at recent advances in 3-D sensor systems, geometric data processing, geometric modeling, and applications.
- Conference: Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision - Call for papers: Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision
- Test_image: Content-based image retrieval database - 11 sets of color images for testing algorithms for content-based retrieval. Most sets have a description file with names of objects in each image.
- Group: U Politecnica Madrid - Computer Vision Group - Automatic visual automation in manufacturing three-dimesional vision visual information management systems
- Hardware: Visual Inspection Systems - Makers of cameras with on board DSP, frame grabbers, and systems for machine vision.
- Source_code: NeuroCheck - Commercial Windows-based image processing system for automatic presence verification, bar and DataMatrix code reading, character and pattern recognition, robot guidance and gauging.
- Source_code: Intel Open Source Computer Vision Library - Computer vision routines, applications and tutorials. Open Source, FREE for academic AND commercial use. Assembly language optimized on Intel's processor line. Areas covered are Geometric Methods, Recognition, Image Pyramids Camera Calibration, Tracking, and Fitting.
- Group: U Illinois Chicago - Computer Vision and Robotics Laboratory
- Conference: 2nd International Symposium on Image and Signal Processing and Analysis - EURASIP and IEEE Region 8 sponsored meeting.
- Conference: International Conference on Multimedia Processing and Systems
Computer Vision Homepage
(last updated Mon May 5 22:07 EDT 2001)
Please submit new links using our
or send email to