New additions to the Computer Vision Homepage (Summer, 1998)
See what was added in the past:
- Conference: IFIP Workshop on Modelling and Motion Capture Techniques for Virtual Environments - A workshop on applications of all techniques used to capture information on objects and movements through various technologies and integrate them within Virtual Environments.
- Source_code: RRCapture - a video capture program used to capture uncompressed image sequences using a PC configured with a 1 to 3 Bitflow RoadRunner digital frame grabbers.
- Hardware: Integral Technologies - PCI and CompactPCI video frame grabbers for OEMs and VARs.
- Group: Cardiff U - Vision and Geometry Research Group - Specialises in machine vision, automated inspection, 3d vision, geometric computing, medical imaging, and computer graphics
- Group: Korea U - Center for Artificial Vision Research - Specializes in biologically motivated computer vision
- Conference: International Workshop on Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition
- Hardware: Massively parallel processor for recognition - high-speed chips and boards - useful for real-time imaging applications.
- Group: JPL Machine Vision and Tracking Sensors group
- Group: Minsk Image Processing and Recognition Laboratory
- Source_code: IMAQ Vision - Adds machine vision and image processing functionality to LabVIEW and ActiveX containers
- Hardware: IMAQ - Monochrome, color, and digital image acquisition hardware
- Conference: Indian Conference on Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing
- Conference: Computer Graphics and Image Processing 1998 - The 5th GKPO'98 Conference intends to group the best researchers active in the field of pictorial information exchange between computer and its environment. The conference will be a forum for presentation of theoretical aspects, methods, applications and systems of image generation and processing.
- Related: Association for Image Processing, Poland - Association of researchers and developers within the domain of processing, understanding, generating, (... and using in other ways) of image information.
- Source_code: Hidden Markov Model routines - Implementation of Forward, Backward, Viterbi and Baum-Welch algorithms. The code follows Rabiner and Juang notation. Written in c.
- Hardware: TVI Vision - makers of digital color and monochrome line scan cameras
- Conference: Image and Vision Computing New Zealand 1998
- Test_image: SEQUENCES FOR OPTICAL FLOW ANALYSIS (SOFA) - 9 synthetic sequences designed for testing motion analysis applications, including full ground truth of motion and camera parameters.
- Conference: ACM International SIGIR Workshop on Multimedia Indexing and Retrieval
- Source_code: Intel Image Processing Library - Optimized assembly MMX code for image processing, pattern recognition, signal processing, and matrix manipulation (no source - but still free)
- Group: CSSIP - Visual Processing Research Group
- Group: Boston College Vision Group
- Test_image: Traffic Image Sequences and 'Marbled Block' Sequence - thousands of frames of digitized traffic image sequences as well as the 'Marbled Block' sequence (grayscale images)
- Source_code: RobotVision2 - real-time image processing software that uses any VideoForWindow(VFW) compatible camera as the image source
- Source_code: Grabbo: vision-based MIDI controller - Grabbo uses orientation histograms for realtime image matching and 3D interpolation. MIDI output. Free demo version for BeOS.
- Conference: IAPR Workshop on Document Analysis Systems
- Source_code: ImageLib - An Image Processing C++ Class Library (template based)
- Group: U of Bielefeld - Applied Computer Science Group - research in the area of pattern analysis, computer vision, and speech understanding and applications to bioinformatics and natural sciences
- Hardware: Willow Peripherals - Framegrabbers and video accelerators for PC's.
- Demo: Perceptual Browser - Demonstrates perceptual interaction by controlling the vertical scrolling of a window with head motion. Runs on SGI Indys and O2.
- Group: Graz U of Technology - Computer Graphics and Vision Group - Focal points are Machine Vision, Image Analysis and Computer Graphics Applications are in areas such as machine vision in industry and medicine, 3D-modelling of objects, buildings and urban ensembles, and environmental remote sensing
- Conference: International Conference on Computer Vision
- Conference: 1999 Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
- Source_code: 3D Geographer - Commercial package - Automatic 3D modeling and viewing software that transforms digital, geo-referenced, 2D maps into complex 3D geoscenes efficiently. Runs on Windows NT and 95.
- Group: U São Paulo - Image Computing Group, Medical Physics
- Conference: Second International Conference on 3-D Digital Imaging and Modeling - The conference will look at recent advances in 3-D sensor systems, geometric data processing, geometric modelling, and applications.
- Group: National Research Council of Canada - Visual Information Technology Group - 3-D laser range sensing; geometric image processing; object and environment modeling of shape and reflectance; applications in computer graphics, manufacturing, robotics.
- Conference: Third International Conference on Visual Information Systems - The conference will focus on the application and management of visual information.
- Source_code: LEADTOOLS Imaging Development Toolkit - commercial toolkit that supports loading, saving, converting, and processing of color, greyscale, and document images - Windows-based.
Computer Vision Homepage
(last updated December 24, 1998)
Please submit new links using our
or send email to