New additions to the Computer Vision Homepage (Fall, 1999)
See what was added in the past:
- Conference: Int'l Workshop on Image and Signal Processing and Analysis - A workshop on image processing, pattern recognition, computer vision, medical imaging, digital signal processing, and applications in all areas.
- Demo: JSEG - Segmentation Demo - robust segmentation of color-texture regions. submit your own images for online segmentation.
- Conference: Second IEEE Workshop on Perceptual Organizaton in Computer Vision - Associated with ICCV'99
- Group: ARTEMIS Project Unit - Advanced research on multidimensional imaging systems : 3D/2D vision medical imaging telecommunications and multimedia
- Source_code: Horatio - A C library with extensive tools for computer vision, photogrammetry, matrices/vectors, display (with Open GL for 3D), Kalman filtering and much more.
- Conference: Biomechanics meets Robotics - The workshop intends to give a panoramic view on "motion". The "real motion" of biological systems and robots, as well as the theoretical analysis or simulation of models of these systems. The topics will range over : biosciences (including orthopaedics, surgery, and biology), exact sciences (such as applied mathematics and biophysics), and engeneering techniques (robotics, informatics, artificial intelligence).
- Group: Technion-Israel Institute of Technology - Vision Research and Image Science Laboratory - Main fields of interest: Pattern recognition, Analysis of color images, Clinical applications of imaging systems, Image segmentation, Biological and computational vision systems, Computer graphics, Robot vision research, Virtual reality and stereoscopic vision.
- Source_code: Intel Video Capture Card Libraries for Linux - Research libraries for the Intel Create & Share Camera Pack and the Smart Video Recorder III to be used with C, Matlab, or Java on a Linux system
- Hardware: Newton Research Labs - Manufactures color vision systems, high speed/high resolution line scan systems, robotics, and laser products for industrial, commercial, and research applications
- Hardware: Multipix Imaging Ltd - Distributor and supplier of frame grabbers, cameras, software and systems. Including Coreco, Dipix, Leutron Vision, Hitachi, JAI and io Industries.
- Conference: IEEE Workshop on Statistical and Computational Theories of Vision - This is the first conference for discussing advanced theoretical development on statistical modeling, learning, sampling, and computing issues. Papers are online.
- Source_code: Image Processing Library 98 - A platform independent image manipulating C/C++ library
- Group: Oxford U - Visual Geometry Group - Specializes in visual reconstruction from uncalibrated image sequences.
- Hardware: ShapeSnatcher 3D-Toolkit - 3D-Acquisition technology that turns any camera into a powerful 3D acquisition device.
- Hardware: Robocams - Cameras for Automation, Machine Vision
- Info: Your Eye Site - Info on human vision
- Group: Carnegie Mellon U / U Karlsruhe - Interactive Systems Lab - Specializes in multimodal human computer interaction, real-time face tracking, eye/gaze tracking, lipreading
- Conference: 6th International Conference on Computer Graphics and Image Processing - The 6th GKPO'2000 intends to group the best researchers active in the field of pictorial information exchange between computer and its environment.
- Group: Sheffield Hallam U - Applied Vision Unit - The application of vision research
- Hardware: IMAP-Vision - A 10GOPS PCI card for realtime vision. A fully programmable (using an extended C language) realtime vision system consisting of a linear array of 256 8-bit processing elements.
- Group: Heriot-Watt U - Image Systems Engineering Laboratory
- Source_code: Image Processing Library - The main purpose of Image Processing Library (IPL) is to simplify image processing under Windows environment.
- Group: U of Modena and Reggio Emilia - Image Processing Laboratory
- Conference: International Symposium on Robotics - Held in conjunction with several other conferences including Vision Interface 2000.
- Hardware: Time Machines - Sales and rental of High Speed Imaging equipment for motion analysis in research, testing, product development, and maintenance.
- Group: Istituto Trentino di Cultura - Technologies of Vision - Mission of TeV is to develop innovative techniques devoted to applicative topics, which currently include: Content based indexing of documents, images and videos, surveillance and biometic person identification.
- Conference: 15th International Conference on Pattern Recognition
- Source_code: AutoTrace - AutoTrace converts bitmap to vector graphics
- Hardware: 2D / 3D autonomous Linescanner. Can incooporate PC/104 PC. - The M2D is a complete and autonomous Line Scanner. It can incooperate a PC/104 PC to handle object recognition etc. Therefore M2D can be connected to any PC, from Apple to SUN to whatever. Several output versions (parallel, analog, RS485) are available and they come with software Libraries. The M2D is very fast (scans 50 lines (each line has 288 Points) per second, so use a fast Computer.
- Group: Ohio State U - Vision and Learning Group
- Publication: When Darkness Turns to Light: Creating an Artificial Visual System - a novel about computer vision
- Conference: Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition 2000
- Source_code: IPTool - Freeware image processing toolkit for Windows
- Source_code: UTHSCSA ImageTool - free image processing and analysis program for windows.
Computer Vision Homepage
(last updated Mon May 29 22:07 EDT 2000)
Please submit new links using our
or send email to