Due date: Monday, January 31.
Part II: Create a Threshold Map
- Use the robot to take pictures of some colored objects. You can
use items in the lab, but also use at least one unique item of your
own. (If you wish, you can use the colored masking tape in the lab to
color a soda can.)
- Use EasyierTrain (not EasyTrain) to train the segmenter on the images.
- Install your threshold files on the robot by first copying them
to ~/project/ms/config in your AFS directory. (Do not try to put them
in ~/Tekkotsu/project/ms/config; that directory is protected.) Then,
on the robot, use "getmyfile" to copy the file to
~/project/ms/config, as follows:
% cd ~/project/ms/config
% getmyfile userid project/ms/config/mythresh.tm
% getmyfile userid project/ms/config/mythresh.col
- Use the SegCam viewer to see how well your segmenter works.
Note: you must restart the ControllerGUI whenever you change threshold
files on the robot. You can save images from the RawCam and SegCam
viewers to your AFS directory by clicking on Freeze Frame and then
- Hand in: three RGB images and their segmented versions. (Just
include the six images as attachments in an email to email@example.com. Remember to include the
names of all team members.)
Dave Touretzky and