School of Computer Science
Carnegie Mellon University
412 268 2611, GHC 8203 Resume,
Assistant: Mary Stech,
What is Machine Learning, and where is it headed?
Video interview (5 min)
- Commentary on AI and the future of
Work, in Nature,
April 2017. (see also our 2017 U.S. National Academy report on Information Technology and the Future
of Work )
- Machine Learning from
Verbal User Instruction, video lecture on enabling cell phone users to teach their phones what to
do, Simons Institute, Berkeley, February 13, 2017.
- Never Ending Language Learning, video lecture on
our computer that is learning to read the web, Brown Univ., Feb. 2014.
representations of language meaning, video lecture on how the human
word meanings, Berkeley, March 2014.
- When Computers Read, reprise of presentation at the
World Economic Forum, Davos, Switzerland, January 2012 (5 minutes).
Our Reality, the emerging trend toward mining personal data,
Discipline of Machine
Learning, my perspective on this research field, July 2006
- Can computers learn to read the web?
- How does the human brain represent word meanings?