From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Larry Dix
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 3:30 PM
To: Support@gesn.com
Subject: State of Virginia Red Oval questions

I received a call from State of Virginia with the following questions regarding red ovals and I need assistance in responding.

1.) Can we use red ovals?   Yes the color of red ink must be Pantone 032

2. ) Are there issues with the blind population in regards to seeing the red ovals?

3.) What is the acceptable width of the line that makes up the red oval?

4.) Can I print all ovals in black and then make a second pass at the ballot covering the black ovals with red ink?

5.) Does anyone have the printer specs for red ovals?

They would like a response by September 1, 2001 so that they can discuss at a state wide meeting.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Larry J. Dix

Vice President of Operations

Global Election Systems