From: Craft, Paul <PCraft@mail.dos.state.fl.us>
To: 'Lorrie Faith Cranor' <lorrie@research.att.com>
Cc: 'Doug Lewis' <electioncent@pdq.net>; 'Tom Wilkey' <twilkey@elections.state.ny.us>
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2000 9:03 AM
Subject: RE: Nichols Research Stops Certifying Voting System Software

Lorrie,

No panic in the streets, pleeeese!

Speaking as a member of the NASED ITA Accreditation Committee; this came as
no surprise. Voting systems qualification testing consists of very small
projects from the perspective of technology consulting and engineering
companies. When CSC bought Nichols, we were aware that the voting systems
program might not fit into their business plan.

We believe we have located another excellent source of this service and
should be discussing it at our next meeting.  We will keep you advised.

Thanks
Paul Craft