RE: AVTS - Diagnostics & Installation

> From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of
> Juan Rivera
>
> I do not feel that it is necessary or desired to do this on each and every
> election. We, the manufacturer, are supposed to set the
> procedures to follow
> for this equipment since we build it.

I hate more than anyone else in the company to bring up a certification issue with this, but a number of jurisdictions require a "system test" before every election.  I just helped Knecht yesterday with an RFP from Riverside that required this.  That is why the AccuVote displayes the silly ***System Test Passed*** message on boot up instead of "memory test passed", which is all it actually tests.

No argument from me that it is pointless.  You could probably get away with a batch file that prints "system test passed" for all I know.  We will do something along those lines with the new unit after a memory test or whatever.

Ken