RE: BallotStation - Add ability to go to Prev dialog when voting (was RE: Magnify as button option on TS start menu)

Ataa, here is the RCR for motivation.

From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com] On Behalf Of Ken Clark
Sent:
Wednesday, March 20, 2002 9:23 PM
To: rcr@dieboldes.com
Subject: RE: Magnify as button option on TS start menu

It is.  Consider it submitted.

Here is the catch though (there is always a catch).  The user should be given the option to go back to the start screen and change their mind if they think the type is too big or small.  We want to do that too, but the code is currently structured in a way that makes it near impossible.  By the time the system reaches the start screen, the ballot is already laid out with whatever type was specified by the smart card.  Layout happens during the “loading ballot” popup.  What would be really slick is if we laid out the ballot in the background for both small and large types while they were reading the instructions.  If they hit the start button before their selected type was laid out, only then would the loading ballot popup appear.

All very well.  All a lot of work.  All less critical than finding a way to upload a few thousand cards in less than an hour.