RE: Race Label on LCD (was RE: Jefferson County, KY)

> From: SKGLOBAL@aol.com [mailto:SKGLOBAL@aol.com]
>
> I'd watch this request, at least in terms of not making everyone
> comply due to
> state requirements and variations.  Sounds like an option button
> if someone
> could come up with rules.

More buttons and options is always bad -- and at any rate would mean some
kind of setup and a new download protocol to support (and I guess a new mem
card structure to store the option), so probably wouldn't happen.

If you have some state requirements wrt putting the race label on the LCD,
please fax them to Ingrid (who send the original RCR).  I would be very
suprised if there were any such requirements on the books, but its fair to
say that I have been suprised about what is on the books in the past.  Best
to follow up with these statutes sooner rather than later since it probably
won't take guy very long to implement this feature assuming we go forward.

If there is no such statute this really becomes a question of whether just
the race number or the race number plus label is what *most* jurisdictions
want.  Personally, I can't see the harm in displaying the label, but that is
just IMO.

If anyone (else) has any strong opinions on this, please speak up.

Ken