RE: Race Label on LCD (was RE: Jefferson County, KY)

title.  In VTS, the second line is normally used for specifying the number to vote for while GEMS doesn't seem to use it at present.  Some options:

No, what GEMS does is split the race text at a word boundary into two lines if it is longer than 24 chars.

2) Race#/Colon/MidTruncatedName - "16:UNITED..NATOR".

This one I understand and prefer.

 4) Race#/Colon/InitialsMidTruncatedName - "37:S S 7TH DIST" for STATE SENATOR- 7TH DIST.

This one I don't follow though.  What the rules for initials and mid truncation?  What gets printed for "For the office of the president and vice president" and "This-Is-A-Strange-Race-Label"?  Anyway, if you can come up with some rules that generate something more legible than option 2, I am all for it.

  One other possibility is to blink between 2 or more displays.

I think blinking would be too ugly to consider.  The other possibility would be to do a "tractor" display that scrolls the text back and forth  (ever use WinAmp?).

Ken