weird error for Tucson - during HTML printing

Tuscon called with a strange bug - am getting the db and don't know what Gems version it is
they were printing election summary by precinct html foles to disk
the disk was full and they inserted another and hit print again - and got this error
Object Sum Race VoterGroup already exists
they only had a choice of OK so they clicked ok and could not preview or print the E summary report after that.
they saved the file and are shipping it to me to duplicate -
they had an election yesterday so this was scary - they loaded a previous database - they learned the backup early and often trick - and were able to print form it -
they said they could replicate the error on the "Bad" database and i requested they send it for verification and replication at our end. they DO NOT EMAIL so once snail mail delivers I will post again.
anyone ever seen this one??
Tari