Re: AVTS-3.13.1.4 - Los Angelas database - Zero Report - Out of Memory

Ken Clark wrote:
The actual report is not that big relatively speaking -- there are "only" 200 odd races.  Even going crazy and assuming 24 character lines 20 lines avg per race, that is 200*24*20 or 96kilobytes.  Hintz is eating hundreds of megabytes.

  Does this mean that you're working on it Ken?  All these workaround attempts are ridiculous for this kind of problem.  I would expect that we could have a fix before the machine could churn through the gigabytes.  I remember similar overnight report runs in VTS that later, with a little tweaking, ran faster than the printer could print.  I know that Ken hates these comparisons but the similarity gives it a nostalgic feeling...  ;-)

           Guy