RE: AVTS-3-13-1-4 - Los Angelas - Create Test - Out of Memory

Would it not be better if we had say a vote first position of each race of each precinct.  At least that way we could test all of the precincts at least once.
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Ken Clark
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 9:51 AM
To: bugtrack@dieboldes.com
Subject: RE: AVTS-3-13-1-4 - Los Angelas - Create Test - Out of Memory

From: owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Jeff Hintz
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 9:50 AM

I tried the Create Test option on one of the Los Angelas AVTS units.  When it reached around 1,400,000 it received an Out of Memory error message.  I realize that we will never have that many voters on one unit, however, how are we going to do a test on all precincts and all positions when a jurisidiction is this big???

You aren't.  6000 precincts times 200 cards times 20 positions per card equals a 24 million card test deck.  That is meaningless (and conservative).  Acually "create test" is always largly meaningless -- this just illustrates the point a little better than usual.

Ken