Re: GEMS 1.11.2 preference voting errors

  • A candidate and write-in selected in a vote for one race are returned as overvoted, even though the override write-in rule should effect the selection of the write-in only.

Is the write-in override rule broken or does this have to do with preference races?  If the former, submit another report with a minimal example (one race) and I will look into it.  If the latter, let me know.
  I thought that the override rule only applies to an override situation, namely the YES button is held while the ballot is processed.  Otherwise, the race is overvoted and therefore the overvote reject parameter applies.

  • If the first partisan race following the preference race is overvoted the race is returned as overvoted where a political party different from that of the party endorsing the partisan race is selected in the preference race.
This is very difficult to parse.  I think you mean:
Partisan races are rejected as overvoted even if they should not be counted because of party preference.
Right?  If so, this sounds like an AccuVote bug.  Guy, please take a look.
  I'll take this up directly with Nel and between us we'll follow up here.

                Guy