In class (1:25pm - 2:45pm ET) on Thursday, Mar 3, 2022
This class will have a midterm on Thursday, Mar 3, 2022 during class in the usual classroom.
- The test will be on Canvas, so it will be available in class or through Zoom if you are sick or quarantined.
- It will be entirely open-book, open Internet, etc. That means you can look up anything you want during the test.
- The midterm is individual. You are not allowed to look at another person's midterm or discuss questions with other students during the exam.
- I will be available to answer questions in person and also through Zoom chat.
- The content of the midterm can be anything covered in the lectures, guest lectures or homeworks up until the February 24th lecture topic.
- This includes homeworks 1, 2 and 3, and Bill Buxton's guest lecture.
- It will not cover "Desktop Metaphors, Icons, Window Managers".
- Another way to look at it, is that the exam will cover chapters 1-5, 7-10, and 21 of the textbook.
- Not chapters 6 or 11
- The focus will be on the design tradeoffs and evaluations for different options for different interaction techniques.
- However, there will be some questions about historical systems, and what was first introduced with which systems.
- The format will include multiple-choice questions like the quizzes, but also short answer and essay questions that will be manually graded.