Electrical and Computer Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
My name is Yan Xu. Friends also call me Ryan. I am a Ph.D. student of CMU ECE Department advised by Prof. Kris Kitani. My research focus is camera pose estimation and 3D human pose estimation. Particularly, I am interested in combining the feature representation ability of neural networks with the precision of geometric optimization to develop pose estimation algorithms independent of dataset-specific training and can generalize to the in-the-wild setting. Application-wise, I feel excited about Auto-Driving and AR/VR/MR. So, thanks for visiting my page!
- [Jul. 2021] Our paper on cross-camera multi-target association is accepted to ICCV 2021.
- [March. 2021] Our paper on widebaseline camera pose estimation is accepted to CVPR 2021.
- [Feb. 2021] I'll be joining Waymo for Summer 2021 working with Zhenyao Zhu and Feiyu Chen.
- [Aug. 2020] Our Few-Shot learning paper is released at Arxiv.
- [Jan. 2020] Our Monocular camera pose estimation paper is accepted to WACV 2020.
Human-Interactive Subgoal Supervision for Efficient Inverse Reinforcement Learnin
Optimizing Quantiles in Preference-based Markov Decision Processes
Fall 2021: 16720 - Computer Vision Capstone, given by Prof. Kris Kitani
Fall 2019: 18793 - Image and Video Processing, given by Prof. Aswin Sankaranarayanani
Fall 2018: 16622 - Master of Science in Computer Vision Capstone, given by Prof. Kris Kitani
Fall 2016: 18660 - Neumerical Methods for Engineering Designing and Optimization, given by Prof. Xin Li