- “Localization, Route Planning, and Smartphone Interface for Indoor Navigation.” In Cooperative Robots and Sensor Networks, edited by Anis Koubâa and Abdelmajid Khelil, 39–59. 2014. Studies in Computational Intelligence 507. Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- "Robust Indoor Localization on a Commercial Smart Phone." Procedia Computer Science, Volume 10, 2012, Pages 1114-1120, ISSN 1877-0509, 10.1016/j.procs.2012.06.158.
- "Designing an Interface and Path Translator for a Smart Phone-Based Indoor Navigation
System for Visually Impaired Users."
Technical Report CMU-CS-11-125, Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar, December 2011.
"Proactive Indoor Navigation on Mobile Devices." Technical Report CMU-RI-TR-11-37, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, December 2011.
"Robust Indoor Localization on a Commercial Smart-Phone." Technical Report CMU-RI-TR-11-27, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, August 2011.
Demos and Presentations
- NavPal posters presented at TechBridgeWorld Interactive, Carnegie Mellon University, February 2014, Pittsburgh, PA.
- NavPal poster presented at FR 30, Field Robotics Center, Carnegie Mellon University, October 2013, Pittsburgh, PA.
- M. Bernardine Dias, NavPal presentation for CMU's T-SET University Transportation Center Faculty Meeting, Carnegie Mellon University, June 2013, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Sarah Belousov, NavPal presentation at Transportation Commercialization event, Carnegie Mellon University, May 2013, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Paul Davis, Justin Greet, Daniel Muller, Vansi Vallabhaneni, and Zhiyu Wang, Presentation by 15-239 course students on NavPal Floorplan Creator, Google Pittsburgh, May 2013, Pittsburgh, PA.
- M. Bernardine Dias, Balajee Kannan, and Ermine Teves, "NavPal: Enhancing Indoor Navigation for the Visually Impaired," Google Pittsburgh, September 2012, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Balajee Kannan, M. Freddie Dias, Sarah Belusov, and Ermine Teves, "NavPal - A working demonstration", Western Pennsylvania School of Blind Children (WPSBC), December 2011, Pittsburgh, PA
- Balajee Kannan, "Personalized Transportation and Mobility Aid", Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDot), December 2011, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
- Balajee Kannan, "Smart-phone based Navigation Aid for the Blind and the Deaf-Blind", Pennsylvania House of Representatives Transportation Committee, August 2011, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
- Balajee Kannan, "NavPal - A smart-phone based Navigation Aid for the Blind and Deaf-blind" at Transforming Transportation: Intelligent Transportation Systems, University of Pittsburgh Institute of Politics, August 2011, Pittsburgh, PA 15213