- "Robust Indoor Localization on a Commercial Smart Phone." Procedia Computer Science, Volume 10, 2012, Pages 1114-1120, ISSN 1877-0509, 10.1016/j.procs.2012.06.158.
- "Designing an Interface and Path Translator for a Smart Phone-Based Indoor Navigation
System for Visually Impaired Users."
Technical Report CMU-CS-11-125, Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar, December 2011.
"Proactive Indoor Navigation on Mobile Devices." Technical Report CMU-RI-TR-11-37, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, December 2011.
"Robust Indoor Localization on a Commercial Smart-Phone." Technical Report CMU-RI-TR-11-27, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, August 2011.
Demos and Presentations
- M. Bernardine Dias, NavPal presentation for CMU's T-SET University Transportation Center Faculty Meeting, Carnegie Mellon University, June 2013, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Sarah Belousov, NavPal presentation at Transportation Commercialization event, Carnegie Mellon University, May 2013, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Paul Davis, Justin Greet, Daniel Muller, Vansi Vallabhaneni, and Zhiyu Wang, Presentation by 15-239 course students on NavPal Floorplan Creator, Google Pittsburgh, May 2013, Pittsburgh, PA.
- M. Bernardine Dias, Balajee Kannan, and Ermine Teves, "NavPal: Enhancing Indoor Navigation for the Visually Impaired," Google Pittsburgh, September 2012, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Balajee Kannan, M. Freddie Dias, Sarah Belusov, and Ermine Teves, "NavPal - A working demonstration", Western Pennsylvania School of Blind Children (WPSBC), December 2011, Pittsburgh, PA
- Balajee Kannan, "Personalized Transportation and Mobility Aid", Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDot), December 2011, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
- Balajee Kannan, "Smart-phone based Navigation Aid for the Blind and the Deaf-Blind", Pennsylvania House of Representatives Transportation Committee, August 2011, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
- Balajee Kannan, "NavPal - A smart-phone based Navigation Aid for the Blind and Deaf-blind" at Transforming Transportation: Intelligent Transportation Systems, University of Pittsburgh Institute of Politics, August 2011, Pittsburgh, PA 15213