Sent: Friday, April 27, 2001 9:20 AM
Subject: Re: Platte County,MO - Time Outs on Ports during uploads

Jeff H., now admittedly this is way out, but here goes anyway.

A year ago, in Walton County Florida, hanging lines on a Digi Box ( on a Unix Machine, VTS) was encountered..I happened to be there while is was occurring (not when it was fixed). Telcons with Tab revealed that "line" stays connected until the Accu Vote OS hangs up the line when the remote unit is powered off... We tried this approach, no luck.

The customer was to install lines for their modem units, so I specifically asked Melissa to request FAX Compatable Phone Lines. When this was done, the problem went away...

I believe that Nel was also involved in the resolution at that location........