AVTS 3.12.x and GEMS 1.16.3 download compat (was RE: Primary Election...)

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Ken Clark
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2000 4:31 PM
Subject: RE: Primary Election - 2 Cards per voter - Political & Non-Partisan - Blank Card created

 Note that GEMS 1.16.2 will break download to AVTS 3.12.x.  I got sidetracked by this problem and a couple of other things today, so the matching AVTS 3.13.1 won't be out until at least tomorrow.

Okay, AVTS 3.13.1 is still not quite ready, but I have a consolation prize.   The original intention was to have 1.16.2 be incompatible AVTS 3.12.x, as has been the case with protocol changes in the past.  That really is cruel and unusual for the install base though.

The GEMS 1.16.3 release should now download to both 3.12 and the soon to be released 3.13.  Of course, once downloaded, you still can't swap floppies between systems with different versions.

Note that the download protocol is almost guaranteed to change in an incompatible way at least one more time in the future.  Just not this time.

Ken