From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of
Jeff Hintz
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2000 2:43 PM
To: 'support@gesn.com'
Subject: RE: USRobotics 56kb modems

Since I do not have a Digi AccelPort/MODEM box here Omaha, it is a little
hard to say Yes it does work.  Unless we have a site set up, i.e.: Puerto
Rico, Fresno with the latest version of Gems and the multiple phone lines
with the "Hunting" feature, I would have to say "NO" the Digi
AccelPort/MODEM box does not work.  Even though we used the Digi
AccelPort/MODEM box in Puerto Rico and it was capable of doing Modem
Uploads, it was not without problems.  First of all the "Hunting" feature
that the phone company set up in Puerto Rico did work when just calling
directly to the main telephone number on multiple phones.  However, when
you tried doing this with the Digi AccelPort/MODEM box it would only answer
and connect with the first call, not any others.  Also, during the
Uploading process, sometimes the ports would get hung up, and we would have
to reset the box.  Mike Brown knows of these problems, and said he was
going to look into this.  Mike didn't know if it is actually the Digi
AccelPort/MODEM box or the actual setup of the Host computer, that was
causing these problems.  If we have a Digi AccelPort/MODEM box there in
corporate, I think it should be set up and tested there, before we give the
final "YES" answer.