RE: USRobotics 56kb modems

In the past, the 56k external USRobotics modem was not recommended for GEMS.

Is this still true?

Short answer yes.  Long answer, I don't think anyone has tried a 56k modems with the 1.14/1.15 revamped modem handling yet.  They might work now for all I know.  It would require significant testing before committing to a real account though.

A more interesting question is, now that we have survived Puerto Rico and Fresno, are the Digi AccelPort/MODEM boxes on the official "supported" list.  I suspect the short answer to that is "yes", although the people having to do said support should make the call.

Ken